Any reason for the Classified rules?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any reason for the Classified rules?

Can someone tell me why they have the 10 post in 7 days rule?
    I just want to sell some Magazines to ppl that might need them. I genreally come and read stuff on here everyday, but i dont really have anything to say so I've not got many posts!!!

Ooops Wrong place!

Re: Any reason for the Classified rules?

Because people couldn't post without guidance :P

It prevents trouble for

A: Seller
    B: Forum - Less 'anyone got contact for ******' posts.
    C: Mods.

Also helps the buyer, as you provide the information needed.

Comment

oh, well anoying cause now i got to spam posts!

Comment

It is supposed to cut down the number of n00bs I'd guess.

But really, it's not difficult to post 10 things in a week - so I think it's a bit pointless myself!

Comment

Because the forum is experiencing a high volume of new users trying to sell RIF's either illegally or being con artists and taking money but no gun. Generally they make an account after viewing the classifieds wanted section then offer an item for paypal, then disappear with the persons money, one thing in common (mostly anyway) is that the post count is generally low as it is their first post or a very low count, also makes sure users are genuinely interested in the best interests of the sport as new users who are just spamming to get the count up can be reset to zero, warned and banned accordingly.

This system has been in use on many other forums and proven very successful, Congratulations Zeroin for finally following suit and helping protect the honest people.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

Originally posted by Swordfish View Post
            oh, well anoying cause now i got to spam posts!
            Then your probably get busted for spam before any classified posts. lmao.

Comment

just to check for live accs helps check if ppl are using the forum

Comment

On arnies you used to have to post 150 times just to get access to the classifields, so why the hell does 10 make much of a difference?

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

well atleast there is omething rather nothing however i can see both sides of argument, tbh if there is going to be a post number then at least hav 20 or something and shudnt postpone ppeps from using gear and accs lobby.

Comment

im sure its mostly to stop those random people that come on forums create a new user and clog up the threads posting adverts
                    |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Fair enough, just frustrating.

Comment

I do see the thinking behind it the 10 posts - 7 days.

But it also means that loads of people that come on here and just read/ research bout airsoft and their guns are going to have to start finding thing to randomly post on just so they can use the forum fully.

I guess there's going to be pros and cons no matter how its done.

Comment

If it's to protect the forum from bogus buyers especially where guns are concerned then why not do this. You have to PM an admin and supply them with personal details land phone numbers etc before you get access to the classifieds section and can list or buy anything. And if you want to Buy or list a RIF or an IF you also have to provide your UKARA or other such proof.

Works on other forums.

P.S Minimum post's is a great idea but 50 or more I think is more sensible...

Comment

i agree with skimore, i come on here nearly every day .i read some threads and see what the going price for some second hand guns is. i hardly ever post as i only have 20 something and ive been a member for ages.But if i saw something in classified it would be really annoying to not be able to post. I agree the system does help against Noobs but also affects the person with genuine interest and with innocent intentions.
                            'Why did you shoot that terrorist 27 times?
                            'I ran out of bullets, sir.'

guns- cyma ak, jg g36, tm famas, kwc 357. magnum

Comment

not really as you can still PM which should be done in purchasing circumstances anyway
                              |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Swordfish Find out more about Swordfish
                              Working...
                              X