Zero in sponsor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zero in sponsor

There are other forums out there that offer forum users the option buy a status on the forum which gives them certain 'upgrades' for example:
    -increased inbox size (unlimited?!)
    -A different colour UN, or a UT with 'supporter'.
    -An email address with for example '@zeroin.co.uk'
    -Forum patch
    -Maybe be a few % discount on zero one..

Personally I'd buy it just for the increased inbox size.

It's likely this has come up before, and if it was turned down for whatever reason please state why below so I don't bring it up again.

Please state what you guys think below and what kind of price you'd be willing to pay for an annual subscription to the forum with the above benefits and possibly others.
    Recoils: TM MK18 / TM Recce / TM G36K / TM AK102
    Rifles: G&P LMT MRP
    Shotguns: TM M870 / TM M3 / G&P Sheriff 870 / Madbul AGX Tan
    Pistols: TM; Sig P226, Hi Capa Extreme x2, 1911 MEU / KWA; USP.45, M226, Glock 26, USP-c x2 / KJW 1911

Not a bad idea at all. However if I was paying to be a member I'd want at least a private member only section which isn't governed by the zeroin police and I could say what I want, and mention a retailer as I saw fit.

Not a bad shout though.
    “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

Re: Zero in sponsor

Why is inbox size such an issue? we get 600, how much of you neglect to empty your sent items folder? you can save PM to your PC also freeing up space,
      How much email addresses does one need? I've survived 15 years online with 2, both from my ISP.
      01/Z-in do offer patches, show support by buying one and wearing it in the real world,
      Discount offers are always good.

Comment

Other forums offer paid only areas etc and it works... Could be worth looking into...
        Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express Pro
        King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
        https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
        www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Any other thoughts about this guys?
          Recoils: TM MK18 / TM Recce / TM G36K / TM AK102
          Rifles: G&P LMT MRP
          Shotguns: TM M870 / TM M3 / G&P Sheriff 870 / Madbul AGX Tan
          Pistols: TM; Sig P226, Hi Capa Extreme x2, 1911 MEU / KWA; USP.45, M226, Glock 26, USP-c x2 / KJW 1911

Comment

Depends on the price. I would feel I get value for money if the features we already have cost a tenner p/a so anything extra for that seems fair. That said however, this forum is paid for by its users in the form of advertising, and the rules on what we can and cant post re: other retailers etc. I would pay the money to an impartial and independent but considering the restrictions I think everyone gets a fair deal as it is on the freebie basis.

Comment

There would need to be some serious changes to the forum before I parted with any money towards it.

1. The forum admins / owner's attitude towards scamming in the classifieds needs an adjustment.
              - Promises to co-operate with criminal / civil cases such as passing information on to the police.
              - Enforcing a stricter rule on how the classifieds operates. It has headed in the correct direction recently.
              - There was talk of a vetting service which could peace of mind to some.

2. The ability to mention other retailers - even if this is in a private section as mentioned above, and not on the main forums. I am not willing to pay into a closed group as I feel competition is essential in giving the players the best value for money and forces everybody to up their game.

I am not interested in patches and the like as right now I don't support the shop and nor would I support the forum at this juncture. The general attitude is one of "It's my way or the high way" and as a forum user with what I consider to be a wealth of experience and usually one of the nice guys (I do fall from grace occasionally) I am put off by the attitude we receive when we try to better the forum.

I am a firm believer in putting my money where my mouth is. I am on another forum that I like so much, I have paid it's annual subscription fee. I did that because it is run by enthusiasts for enthusiasts. Naughty boys are dealt with fast and honest and open discussion occur lots. It is a grown up and equal forum where the new guy is an equal to the seasoned players.

I would be willing to pay towards this forum if the whole attitude was seen to be changing to more of one based on the good and benefit of airsoft as a whole.

Comment

Before I liked the above post I considered what reprisals may be in-store for me if I was to support such dissent in Loki's post! :P

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Half Trigger Find out more about Half Trigger
                Working...
                X