Server crashes: Is it just me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server crashes: Is it just me?

I've been noticing recently, at random points during the day (and night), ZeroIn becomes inaccessible, giving the error: "The Server is too busy to handle this that and the other, blah blah blah, try again later."

(that was paraphrased, before you ask. :p)

This lasts for around 30 minutes to an hour, before I can access the forum again. So, is it just me? And are the ZeroIn staff aware of this?

Cheers,

FPSEngland
    Originally posted by FPSEngland
    The Ares L86 LSW is essentially an L85 with a well endowed barrel, having the external barrel length of an M16, and the internal barrel length of Canada.

Re: Server crashes: Is it just me?

Originally posted by FPSEngland View Post
    I've been noticing recently, at random points during the day (and night), ZeroIn becomes inaccessible, giving the error: "The Server is too busy to handle this that and the other, blah blah blah, try again later."

(that was paraphrased, before you ask. :p)

This lasts for around 30 minutes to an hour, before I can access the forum again. So, is it just me? And are the ZeroIn staff aware of this?

Cheers,

FPSEngland
    It's not just you. I've been getting it as well.
    Not actually a builder
    Not actually called Bob.

Comment

And me.
      Its blatantly not true either. I mean the server full at 1-2 o'clock in the morning? I dont think so.
      section 24 of the 1968 Act
      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
        And me.
        Its blatantly not true either. I mean the server full at 1-2 o'clock in the morning? I dont think so.
        Exactly. There was a point the other day where there was -40 users online. I think there's some serious issues with the forum's technical department.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, your avatar, I laughed more than I should have.
        The Ares L86 LSW is essentially an L85 with a well endowed barrel, having the external barrel length of an M16, and the internal barrel length of Canada.

Comment

It's more likely due to the database backup being run at that particular time. You would have the backup running at a time where it would cause least issues.

Comment

Originally posted by HuntR View Post
            It's more likely due to the database backup being run at that particular time. You would have the backup running at a time where it would cause least issues.
            It's not that. It happens during peak hours as well.

Comment

What annoys me most about it is that the forum still remembers you visited, and when it does work again, the "new posts" gives results as though you viewed the forum during the fault visit.

Comment

Yep getting the same here. "The server is currently too busy. Please return later". Now I'm a bit of an insomniac so often come on as late as 3am, and I've had the message a couple of times as late as then, when I highly doubt there are too many people online.

I know this happened before and the mods were able to fix it. Hopefully whatever it was they did they'll be able to repeat. I need my late night airsoft browsing!

Comment

Originally posted by Coski View Post
                  Yep getting the same here. "The server is currently too busy. Please return later". Now I'm a bit of an insomniac so often come on as late as 3am, and I've had the message a couple of times as late as then, when I highly doubt there are too many people online.

I know this happened before and the mods were able to fix it. Hopefully whatever it was they did they'll be able to repeat. I need my late night airsoft browsing!
                  Don't we all, mate :p

Comment

its an ongoing issue. its been like this since what last december (2011).
                    and i believe its down to 1&1's shared hosting. as in there are a lot of sites all lumped into one server.
                    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

If it is a shared server and not dedicated then shame on you Zero One :P
                      King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
                      https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
                      www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
                        its an ongoing issue. its been like this since what last december (2011).
                        and i believe its down to 1&1's shared hosting. as in there are a lot of sites all lumped into one server.
                        That's a tad lazy/cheap, isn't it?

Oh wait, Zero One. Forgot :p (jks)

Comment

no, if i remember correctly from the last time this came up, theyre on the 'Premium Hosting'...
                          -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                          -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
                            no, if i remember correctly from the last time this came up, theyre on the 'Premium Hosting'...
                            Oh yeah, just look at all the premium downtime we're getting. So premium :P

Comment

So yeah. It happened again. :p

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

FPSEngland Airsofter, Music Producer, Semi-Professional Gamer. I'm boring, you see. Find out more about FPSEngland
                              Working...
                              X