This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infractions instead of action

It is no secret that there is a group of us who do our best to look out for the average airsofter on this forum as we believe that simple steps are not being taken that could improve the experience for forum members.

It is a bit of a crusade against the scammers that we take quite seriously and are constantly frustrated by the lack of action by the weak action taken by the forum admin.

I consider myself a "do-er". Rather that sit about whinging about how crap stuff is or how spineless i am to make changes, i go for the two footed tackle approach. I am not always right, but i stand by the courage of my convictions and am prepared to put my money where my mouth is.

The recent AdolfsofterWW2reenactor thread was just another example.

The forum admin, rather than tackling the root cause of the ill feeling on the forum choose to go after the noise makers in an effort to quieten them down.

Dear GhostForce, i receive my infraction with thanks.

Ironically you have simply proved that you are more concerned about dishing out infractions for daft stuff than actually making any real effort to safeguard the users of the forum.

Congratulations!

I know you and Alex are good buddies too, so i suspect that may also have something to do with it... good to see you have his back but are happy to crap on those who make an effort to have the backs of the average user.

One final question: Are the rules going to be changed as suggested?

It would take Alex (or another admin with suffient access) less than 5 minutes to re-write the rules)

All the best

Bill

Originally posted by ForceGhost
    Dear loki7491,

You have received an infraction at Zero In : Airsoft Forums.

Reason: The Lost Souls is not a discussion forum.
    -------
    Hi loki7491,

Please refrain from using the Lost Souls section as a discussion forum.

Thanks,
    ForceGhost
    ZeroIn Mod Team
    -------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
    https://forums.zeroin.co.uk/node/1355248
    INFRACTION TIME

If Alex decided to be more helpful or forceful in sorting out these problems and spent less time simply whinging about why things cannot be done, many of these threads would not exist in the first place. Instead of moaning about these threads, tackle the root cause.

It is oh so f***ing simple to do - and all but free.

1. Insist all for sale or trade threads have a photo with the user name of the seller and the date.
    2. Ask for guys to help moderate the forum - it is a volunteer post so it cost nothing.

BOOM - HEADSHOT....

I am gobsmacked that this s*** is still going on.

EDIT: Removed profanity as auto filter didn't work!
    All the best,
    Zero In : Airsoft Forums

Just fancied a rant in the appropriate section of the forum - heaven forbid i receive another infraction.

Feel free to discuss this with "for" or "against" arguments as i have no fear of adult discussion or taking on issues head on.

Re: Infractions instead of action

Well...I'm certainly a "For" on this particular matter.

Well done for sticking your head above the parapet on this mate. Sadly, it will only be a matter of time before this thread disappears into the virtual ether.
    There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

I do feel the need to post my response to the PM above:

Bill,

I have no problem with what you posted on that thread (Hence why I haven't deleted it!). The problem is your posting it on a thread where discussion is not allowed! Feel free to create in Forum Feedback and I will quite happily support it!

I agree we need a better system for the classifieds here on ZeroIn but do not believe we have one that is safer but still as easy to use as our current classifieds. I'm sure you're aware by the homepage of ZeroIn an auctions/sale section is underway for release at some point but one of the issues is time. ZeroIn is a free service and most of the team that moderate it also have families and full time jobs to work so it's can be a handful at times!

I hope you understand why I issued you an infraction because it is nothing personal nor anything you said. Just the simple fact you broke a forum rule and it is my responsibility to hand out infractions to those that do so.

Kindest Regards,
      Jordon
      ZeroIn Mod Team

Comment

To be fair to Ghost Force (Jordan),

We are having a PM'ing session that got out of sync with my posting rage!

He "may" be a good 'un after all.

Comment

I like your balls Loki, I must say I do admire your frequent standing up for what you believe. I always worry I'll get infractions (and often do) should I speak out.

If you get T-Shirts printed with a slogan similar to "fight the power" or something more relevant, I will gladly wear one and welcome the infractions for expressing myself

Comment

I don't see a reason why any of the mod team could be against a suggestion that has been put out before for having a voluntary Classifieds team who check for scammers.
            Currently it's just an anything goes section of the forum and the only time anybody gets banned or threads removed is if enough members make noise by which time the scammer will have managed to scam two or three people.

/2cents
            Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
            Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

I'm a great believer in private messages remaining private if I'm honest.

Always nice to see a prompt response. Especially one that is forthright and to the point.

Congrats to all parties in this. It would just be nice to have things sorted once and for all.
              There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

The problem is with banning scammers, they can just remake an account.

The best thing would be to have a system where forum staff can flag a user as a scammer. Everyone would see the flag but the user themselves.

It would display on all their posts and their profile like the image below.

This way other users will be alerted and know to avoid the user but at the same time the user is not aware so will not think of deleting his/her account.

Comment

A good idea in principle FG, but scammers will usually have joint accounts and would be able to see that.

Comment

It would be also be a good idea to have a minimum posting limit too. Say 100 posts... That would weed out so many of them!!!

Martin
                    If god was an AEG, i have owned him at some point....

MB

Comment

Originally posted by fubar View Post
                      It would be also be a good idea to have a minimum posting limit too. Say 100 posts... That would weed out so many of them!!!

Martin
                      I think a minimum posting limit would be good. Maybe 100 posts is a bit high but defiantly 40-50 posts would work fine.

Comment

Originally posted by fubar View Post

Martin
                        A post count should be something like 250 posts or have a reputation system, but good idea as well fubar.
                        Both will ensure that the user actually contributes to the community and as a reward gains access to the sales section of the forum.
                        And it'll stop newbies posting in a BAMF like fashion
                        Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
                        Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

I am a member on some real steal forums which require 150 posts. That proves you have a genuine presence on the forum.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by ForceGhost View Post
                            I think a minimum posting limit would be good. Maybe 100 posts is a bit high but defiantly 40-50 posts would work fine.
                            If they want on the forum they'll do it, its a great place to sell various things. You can knock out 50 posts in an afternoon. If you get into a discussion on here 50 can be gone real quick...
                            If god was an AEG, i have owned him at some point....

MB

Comment

Originally posted by Stickybomb View Post
                              And it'll stop newbies posting in a BAMF like fashion
                              How very dare he!

I think he dared though didn't he? He did?

What a cad!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

loki7491 Find out more about loki7491
                              Working...
                              X