This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So How Come...

So how come any thread on this forum that is about the speculated future of airsoft is locked very quickly. Is it because it just deteriorates into the inevitable two tone debate. Which will in turn become a under 18 debate. A few weeks ago a thread " I fear for the future of airsoft " was locked just when it seemed to be getting interesting. Another recent one was " Very bad news for Airsoft." Are we not allowed to debate, does any questioning of how UKARA is run lead to a warning, or a locked thread. Surely we are not content to have a forum where you can only answer " Which Should I choose.. this gun or that gun.." questions. If a thread is going of topic, surely a post by a mod to remind to keep it on track is better than just locking it. I questioned this once before and the whole thread was deleted. wonder if this one will be...

Re: So How Come...

If you been on the forums for more than 5 mins you'd have seen about 100 of them threads by now.

Reason they locked it is because the same bunch of uneducated players regurgitate the same incorrect information each time, further convincing others that the utter tosh they speak is indeed the truth.

Simple fix: Everyone should read the VCRA & Accompanying notes themselves!

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
      If you been on the forums for more than 5 mins you'd have seen about 100 of them threads by now.
      My time spent reading the forums is not the issue here. I was just stating that it seems to me, the more interesting a topic the quicker it gets shut down.
      just seems wrong to me. I thought that was the point of a forum, to discuss.

Comment

But dont worry Im sure this will become a VCRA discussion in a couple of posts

Edit: actually mate jag wasn't being harsh when he said that... your time spent reading the forums is exactly the problem sadly, these threads pop up about two or three a week sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Cody View Post
          My time spent reading the forums is not the issue here.
          It is

I been on here 16 months. 3 UKARA topics a week, so I seen maybe 200 of them.

You've been here a month, lucky to seen 10 :D

I see what you say about discuss...but....

The law is pretty clear. When somebody who has no idea comes along starting with "I reckon that...." it helps nobody :D

Comment

Only sixteen months? Why didnt realise you were a young whippersnapper jag :p

Comment

Ive not even been here long, having read the VCRA act i can see that what people are saying is totally untrue about. And i for one am sick of the amount of thread about it.
              Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
              Just because something is in Transformers 2 doesnt make it real.

Comment

you seem to have misunderstood. I am not looking to allow the constant and seemingly unending two tone debates to waffle on endlessly. The " I fear for the future" thread, as a for instance, was not started as a two tone debate, it decended into one.... but it did have many points still to be discussed.

yes I may be recently registered but I am also an adult and capable of searching through the forums. Just because I am new doesn't make me stupid, this thread was started more along the lines of the Are the mods too strict thread. How many times do people answer the can I paint my gun this colour threads, when the answers are already there for them to see if they look. But it seem if you try to specualte on any future for the sport the thread is locked without explanation.

Comment

Simply they are locked because they are tedious and full of wrong and off topic information, if you want to waffle on about ukara do it to a brick wall it may care more.

Comment

Quick somebody lock this thread..
                    sigpic
                    http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=6155

Comment

Because the majority of these threads are copied from elsewhere where they have been shot down in flame because the original poster got his information like 20th hand and even at first hand it was not detailed and the majority of it was rumor. Its boring to see the same threads again and again.

Just an idea, but could you have a separate area of the forum not accessible to those that have been on here for less than a year to keep all these threads as well as the what am bestest gun, suggest me a gun, how does this work threads out.

The majority of questions can be answered via google, and if people responding to the thread do not know they will have most likely looked on google to find the answer and then posted it in the thread.

Comment

If you 'fear for the future' you tend to be worrying about the banning of airsoft guns. This inevitably leads to the vcra, which leads to two tone discussion, which inevitably leads to under eighteens jumping on the bandwagon complaining that they cant get guns either. Its happened multiple times.

Its not the mods being strict, its the mods being sensible. Take our word for it, please.

Comment

spetsnazdave87 = mods new best friend

Changed your ways! lol

I vote we get a new sticky post which simply reads....

The answer to your question is the JG G36c, unfortunately you can't buy one... not even in bogey green!

Comment

Great idea as all these threads end up i general. Have one thread titled 'New to the forum? Got a question? Ask here.' and sticky it. That way all of these questions just end up in one place in one thread and then does not clog up the rest of the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
                              spetsnazdave87 = mods new best friend

Changed your ways! lol
                              Lol I'm mod neutral, I dont have anything against anyone I just really didn't understand the logic behind a load of moderator decisions for a spell last year and maybe marked myself a bit

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Commander Cody Very new to All this Find out more about Commander Cody
                              Working...
                              X