premature closing of threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• premature closing of threads

hi guys, gals and mods. please before you read this the wrong way, like to say im giving an opinion and nothing more and id be intrested to see what others have to say.

Rite the thing is ive had and so has 1 of my friends on the fourm, had their thread closed when posting Prov' sold. this to me is nothing more then stating that the item has had intrest shown and a offer has been made and accepted but not completed such as reciveing funds . so why close the thread. would it not be better to wait untill sold appears as then it saves having to start and or retype the thread. if it falls through.

Your thoughts welcome

Regards Ryan.

P.s where the bloody hell has my Sig gone.
    Last edited by tg Gellar; 1 March, 2010, 21:02.
    Team Ghost

Re: premature closing of threads

the mods just move to a section only they see just pm one and they can put it back up mate

Comment

thats handy to know, cheers m8.
      Team Ghost

Comment

ya i've had several of my threads closed as soon as i put "sold pending funds" or "provisionally sold"

dont get it, why potentially put yourself thru the trouble of reopening the thread if the item does not sell

Did we trade? Leave iTrader Feedback Here!

Old Feedback Thread (Reference)

Comment

fallacy it's just cleaning the forum they mods just lock it or move it they also have the power to reinstate it lol

if you put prov sold 99% of the time thats it done so as they find them the mods lock them so they don't have to keep checking up on every sale

Comment

It isnt a big deal most sales pending and Prov sold means the deal will go through. Only on the odd occasion does it need to be reopened. If it is such a pain for the OP then don't mention anything till the sale is complete.
            Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Just do what I do and don't post till it's sold for sure.

Simples [squeak]
              sigpic

Comment

Exactomundo
                Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Yes that is the best way, do not post anything until it is sold. Any post that states Sold pending, Prov sold ect, (basically any form of post that indicates that a sale is going through) is locked to prevent any more post bumping it. Locked post can be reopened at the OP request. plus we can then clean the thread if the sale has fallen through

Comment

ok cheers guys i only brought it up as i wasn't sure. but its a good point just dont post anything till a definate sale. im not all that clued up when it comes to forum maintaining.

Regards Ryan.
                    Team Ghost

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tg Gellar Find out more about tg Gellar
                    Working...
                    X