Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Posting "For Sale" ads without pictures.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting "For Sale" ads without pictures.

Hi guys, just to follow on to something i said in a thread in General (hopefully this wont be a repeat of a previous thread).

Was wondering, why are people allowed to post items for sale without pictures?

We can all attach photos, or hotlink/link from online image accounts; so i dont understand why people are continually allowed to post ads without them.

For one, enforcing a "No photo, no sale" rule may cut down on the fraud element, especially if it were enforced that a piece of paper with the date and the posters Username written on it were included in the image.

While there are still ways to defraud people even with those rules, itd be a lot harder, and encourage buyer confidence. It would also reflect better on the forum; showing it as having a zero tolerance attitude towards scamming, and that its taking strides to combat it.

I dont think itd be too hard to enforce, or to police. As far as im aware, the mods are reviewing all the ads anyway. I often see threads locked by Sci-Fi Steve until relevant details are forthcoming. I dont see it being any harder to do the same to ads without pictures.

Anyway, looking forward to a responce. Thanks guys.
    AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Re: Posting "For Sale" ads without pictures.

agreed matey, a couple of us brought this up before.

I personally can't be arsed buying or asking for pictures if the seller cant be arsed posting/hosting any, equally, they sometimes use it as a cunning bump of their thread.

Comment

Some people dont have access to a camera...
      Originally posted by fijitstiks
      they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
      Originally posted by N3ADS
      Is this you talking from experience ?..
      Originally posted by fijitstiks
      i was at cadets for 3 years

Comment

Sorry Crotmate but in this day and age i refuse to believe the whole people dont have access to a camera.

Right now most mobiles (apart from blackberry's (not sure bout iphones) and cheapo ones) come with 3 or more megapixel cameras which are more than adequate enough to take a picture of, Photobucket even lets you send the picture in an MMS to them if you dont have a cable/knowledge to upload it yourself.

Also tesco sell pocket sized 5mp cameras for naff all.

If a user cannot get pictures up till later fair enough but i think if they really want to sell the item then 24hours is more than enough time.

How many ads do you see on ebay without a picture? Sales should be taken seriously and pictures provided as soon as possible if not on the OP.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

My camera chargers at my friends...

Comment

You has a phone with a camera? I mean IMO a poor quality picture will do until you can get a better one etc. know what i mean?

Comment

Today i had problems uploading pics and i said that when i posted the item up, And i said please ask for pics, within an hour i had 4 people email me and request pics. Maybe i was thick to work it out!

As has been said, not everyone has cameras, not everyone is smart on computers, some people find problems.. good idea but not fair on everyone, put yourself in their shoes, How do you feel if you wanaa trade or sell swap, but cant because you dont have a camera.
              Last edited by The Keeper of Secrets; 23 March, 2010, 07:48. Reason: text speak

Comment

My phone is a three year old samsung and I dont actually know how to transfer photos from it :S

Comment

I think its more the fact the thread is aimed at people who wont take pics or state in their threads that they dont have photos or that they are to follow if ya know what i mean.

Fair enough if they cant get em on here, generally if i know someone is having problems getting photos uploaded (and with their permission) i would generally post them for em. Karma is always good, help people and they help you etc etc. Just a case of on here some people need the help with getting to grips.

Comment

thing is I only got myself a camera at christmas, before then I had to rely on borrow, begging or stealing one. It sounds like a crock in todays modern techno age, but I genuinely couldnt take pics sometimes and Im sure others have been in a similar situation.

Comment

Just don't buy from non image threads then, sellers will soon learn.

No point having a rule, because it will get stupid. Locking thread with no picture of a M100 spring?!

Comment

agreed with jag , i have had many items off this and other sites with no pic's and just becouse they have a photo does not mean they have it , if they are going to scam us they will do so there is not a great thing we can do

if i remember the biggest scammer this forum has had used photos ? both me and dave had been scammed by him
                        Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

The worst excuse is "no pictures because I don't know how to put them in my thread". There is a guide on this forum how to do it. It's here - http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=12630
                          It takes about two minutes to read. If you can't be bothered spending two minutes reading it and posting a picture then I can't be bothered reading your sales thread. Posting a picture takes a few seconds.
                          If you haven't read this guide then you shouldn't be posting a sales thread.

If you can't get pictures up for a few hours then why not wait until you can before you post your sales thread? I've looked at several ads and thought "I fancy one of those, I'll have a look" but as soon as I see there are no pictures I hit the "back" button.

You are doing yourself out of potential buyers if you don't post pictures, so ultimately it's only hurting you.

Comment

As long as there is a way for you to get pics from the seller (via email) I don't see the problem. As has been said not every one is computer savvy enough to get image hosting to work. I used to use Imageshack and had no end of problems with images until I swapped to photobucket, and I know a reasonable amount about what I was doing.

If you are interested in the item you will ask for pictures. As long as they are available I see no problem.

Comment

i am sometimes slow getting pics because i have small children and cannot get guns out to take pics as its not always convenient - however that said
                              i do try and sort em as soon as i can.

I for one woud think twice about spending 200 quid + (50+ really as i am tight) without seeing something

so as a buyer and seller i can see both points

also a good photo well halp achieve a good sale

if you want to sell on here more than a one off - go buy a camera and get prepared

oh yeah - anyone want to buy a camera? hehehe

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Fenriz Old enough to know better. Find out more about Fenriz
                              Working...
                              X