Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Perhaps move the Tech Section up in the forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perhaps move the Tech Section up in the forum?

Just a little idea I had.. thought it might be better if the tech thread was above the Sales? Or maybe even as a PART of General Discussion?

I mean, we get countless threads (including some of mine - i'll be honest! sorry!) asking for tech advice on hops, barrels, ICS parts etc etc that crop up in general discussion, often because the Tech section isn't visited as much so OPs don't think they'll get a reply, and it isn't there for other forum members to see to make them think 'ooh I know the answer there, I can help that guy out.'

Perhaps if we move the tech section up then people would notice it more and then there would be more of an incentive to put a new thread in the proper place. Don't get me wrong, I know people DO get answers in the Tech section, but it happens far more quickly and gets a much better response when someone cheekily puts it in general discussion.

Also, if the tech section was higher up it would get noticed and read more, and we'd get more newbies actually looking in there before posting common questions.

Putting it below sales - probably an area a lot of people scroll down to before anything else - it might catch the glance of a few traders who can help who might not have bothered/seen the thread otherwise.

At the end of the day, what harm would it do? lol
    Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Re: Perhaps move the Tech Section up in the forum?

Depends, if it is advice on what to get then it is a bit of a grey area. If however it is a question on fixing or fitting, it should be posted in or maybe moved to Tech.

my 2 cents I'm not sure moving it will make any difference, as those that tend to post in the incorrect section either do it deliberately, or can not be bothered to look past the first sub forum. ( I know it is a bit of a generalisation ) the only way to make sure that tech went to tech, would be to make it the first thread on the forum. I also don't think the sellers would appreciate the sales forum being knocked down the ladder

Comment

Maybe merge tech into one big "tech section". That way it is more active, which would encourage more posts in the right place. Then put it up under general and before "newbie".

Comment

I will have a think about this, and may make a few changes.

Comment

Personally I dont think a merge will help, it will cause more confusion for people looking for help on an AEG as opposed to a Spring sniper etc. Maybe moving the tech sub heading futher up the list or something on the main page??

Move it up the sections or maybe add a link in the advice bit saying something along the lines of "If you need technical help with something look here first! (link to the tech sub bit) If it is not in here feel free to post for advice."

Just my 2 penneth

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

I personally don't like this.

EDIT - 2119 - looks a bit better than the "new" one in my opinion, - and possibly better than the original style.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Ahhh I see it has been moved

Hopefully this works out for the better, its definitely easier to notice, thanks for sort of implementing my idea mods
              Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

Nice one guys, that looks much better!

Comment

Thanks Rampage! - Looks great.

Comment

thanks rampage looks cool
                    and should hopefully be used more
                    Originally posted by parky
                    If you're looking for a good sniper, I hear Vassily Zaitsev is good this time of year.

It's sniper RIFLE.

What do they teach these 19 year olds these days...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TS_Welshy Find out more about TS_Welshy
                    Working...
                    X