This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Under 18 users indication.

There's no easy answer, but it's the law. Just because you don't see the point of it, doesn't mean you won't get prosecuted if you get caught.

I've taught a 16 year old who was one of the best drivers I've ever had the pleasure of teaching (a great attitude and really good awareness and car control), but I've taught people in their 20's, 30's and 40's who have terrified me.

Age is not the issue here, legal limits are.

EDIT: Hunter, the age limit is on purchasing fags, not on smoking them. It's the same for consumption of alcohol at home.
    sigpic

Comment

Ah, now i thought they scrapped that, I should know this stuff as i have a personal license myself.

Comment

yeah, justs annoys me that the law is a bit silly. but this is with all laws not just VCR. but nevertheless on the plus side i am a pioneer for the forum, no matter if it is a roundabout sort of way.

Comment

Originally posted by jmusa View Post
          not legally anyways
          there is no mention of it in the vcra and i have also contacted ukara before about junior memberships.
          It is legal. Also, the junior memberships are SITE memberships, not UKARA.
          Originally posted by rockinrobin
          There is NO mention of age in relation to converting, or to claiming the skirmishing defence (UKARA have an age limit, but that's because UKARA is a sales defence system and not a general defence organisation). The act allows people who can claim the defence to convert, so what is the problem with an under 18 player (regular player, not a one-off etc) from converting?
          Here's Robin's other post which contains the parts of the act which back this up : http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showpost.php...7&postcount=19

Comment

Originally posted by Marui_Man View Post
            Here's Robin's other post which contains the parts of the act which back this up : http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showpost.php...7&postcount=19
            And was double checked by Rampage
            sigpic

Comment

It is legal. Also, the junior memberships are SITE memberships, not UKARA.
              yes
              but someone was saying that once he got his jnr membership he should be allowed to get rid of the two tone
              Originally posted by parky
              If you're looking for a good sniper, I hear Vassily Zaitsev is good this time of year.

It's sniper RIFLE.

What do they teach these 19 year olds these days...

Comment

yes
                but someone was saying that once he got his jnr membership he should be allowed to get rid of the two tone
                And that 'someone' was perfectly entitled to say that according to Robin, Rampage and, oh yeah, the VCRA 'Getting rid of the two tone' is converting to a RIF, which incidentally, isn't age-restricted. You just need to prove that you are a regular skrimisher (Junior site membership is one way of doing this).

P.S. I don't want to get into an argument with you James L.A.R.F. ftw.

Comment

As long as someone can prove they are a regular player (at a site with the relevant insurance) they can remove the two tone. Age is not an issue in relation to anything other than purchase and sale.

If the site gives "junior membership" on the first visit then it is worthless for anything beyond a discount on site fees. If, though, they have to play a set number of games before getting the membership, then they will be able to prove that they are a regular player, which is all VCRA requires.

Just remember, junior site membership is not junior UKARA registration, nor is it in any way an equivalent or alternative.
                  sigpic

Comment

P.S. I don't want to get into an argument with you James L.A.R.F. ftw.
                    lol
                    ok well i was informed by another user who i trust that anyone that converts a if to a rif under 18 was doing so illegaly.
                    If you're looking for a good sniper, I hear Vassily Zaitsev is good this time of year.

It's sniper RIFLE.

Comment

lol
                      ok well i was informed by another user who i trust that anyone that converts a if to a rif under 18 was doing so illegaly.
                      And others will tell you that you're not allowed to own a RIF/IF under the age of 18 and that 2 tones must be at least 51% bright.

Some people don't read the legislation and the police guidelines, they just repeat what they hear and read as if it's fact.
                      sigpic

Comment

thanks rob for clearing that up and also thanks maruiman for linking me to that useful post
                        thank you rob for writing the useful post.
                        ok thank you's done now

It's sniper RIFLE.

Comment

Thank You for your thank yous.

And, on behalf of Marui Man, let me thank you for him too.

Thank You
                          sigpic

Comment

You would all 'love' the Home Office thoughts on this aspect.

Comment

Right, got a few viewpoints on all of this, so I'll start from the top.

First off, the ranking of under-18s being displayed, from the perspective of an admin for a German games company (Gameforge GmBC if anyone's heard of them, they make OGame and others).

Displaying the under-18 members as such is neither here nor there. Buyers should be making these checks anyways, but that added layer of protection never hurt. However, having gone through a DPA agreement twice for GF GmBC, I can attest to the difficulties and time required in proving identity online. Postcodes is just silly though, and would be that little bit dodgy under the DPA, unless a person physically chose to display it themselves.

Same thing, from airsofter POV.

Again, under-18 is again neither here nor there. I've only sold a gun once, and the only reason I didn't need to check his UKARA is because the guy is a part-time marshal at my site, owns quite the personal armoury, and as such quite clearly entitled to the Skirmisher defence. Also, I asked the site owners who confirmed him as being a site member, just in case. If you don't make the checks (be it UKARA, or what I did), it's your own fault, and on your head the consequences.

Now, two tones:
                              Everyone needs to stop being fussy about them. They allow new blood into the sport, which is a good thing. Those who want them banned, and no under-18s and all that horse manure really need to take a good look at the world around them and simply put, stop being so elitist and nasty.

This is a game. We fire tiny little spheres of plastic at each other for fun. We are all manchildren (or the female equivalent) or similar at heart, or we wouldn't enjoy it so much!

Personal feelings on all this:
                              I couldn't care less what age you are. If you're not an ass and play the game fairly, I'll more than happily skirmish alongside you, and probably have a good laugh doing it. Hell, the young lad at my regular is a demon with a Dragunov.

So, well, yeah. [/rant] I suppose.

tl;dr version -
                              1) Under-18 rank. Makes no difference in the grand scheme
                              2) Two-tones. Chill
                              3) Under 18's in general. No matter.
                              Altus Volo Mugio Extraho

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Caveira Find out more about Caveira
                              Working...
                              X