Search only function for new members?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search only function for new members?

We all get tired of seeing the same threads pop up all the time - and some people (myself included) get quite frustrated.

so how about restricting new members to a search only function?

or perhaps restricting them to replying to threads - rather than creating new ones for the first 20-30 posts or so? - or perhaps a time limit?

Mac
    Originally posted by Coz
    Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Re: Search only function for new members?

i think it would put off too many people, from joining the forums for a start

and regards to the number of posts to start a thread, i think that would result in an huge increase in the ammount of useless and un-needed posts.
    Originally posted by Teddykiller
    I have felt this wrath as I like going deep in the bush.

Comment

Thats sounds good. Not making a new post until you have been on a week or 2. It shouldn't hurt, but it will stop the "which gun is bestest k lol" threads that are so common.

Comment

Originally posted by jordan245 View Post
        i think it would put off too many people, from joining the forums for a start

and regards to the number of posts to start a thread, i think that would result in an huge increase in the ammount of useless and un-needed posts.
        possibly yes.

I still think that a search only function for like a week or two would be the best plan.

or even just a message the first time you sign in saying very clearly that you should use the search function rather than just saying "read the rules" - because I doubt many people actually ever do.

as said above - it would stop the never ending "what am bestest gun" and "what sniper" type threads.

if nothing else the answers will always be "the one you like the look of best" and "TM VSR10"
        Originally posted by Coz

Comment

These threads are not actually that common, you guys are just being grumpy.

Comment

well after 4 years of "wat am bestest gun" - you get a bit bored.

I just think it would save a lot of flaming if people had to use the search function for a while - as some people seem completely oblivious to its existence! - like the guy a while back who posted a thread which was covered quite well just half a page below the top.
            Originally posted by Coz

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lt. Macka A work offshore in the North Sea. Depending on Internet connection and how busy I am, I'm typically more active on the forums when I'm away offshore. When I'm ashore I'm generally busy with various hobbies. Find out more about Lt. Macka
            Working...
            X