X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Future of Team Forums!

Okay guys,
    What would you think of the team forums if they had a private section in them that is passworded?
    So for example, you would have:
    G's Team (Public)
    G's Team, Private (Passworded sub-forum)

You guys can choose the passwords for the private sections of course, but the Z1 moderators will still moderate these forums as well as the Team Forum moderators, but will be less strict than publicly viewable forums.

Please post your thoughts and any ideas here, and remember to vote on the poll!

Thanks,
    G
    Yes please!
    64.71%
    No way!
    19.61%
    Maybe, but I have another idea.
    15.69%
    Last edited by Rampage; 21 December, 2008, 21:56. Reason: Update Again

Re: The Future of Team Forums!

And please, if your going to vote no, at least give an opinion on why.

Comment

Is there any real need for passwords (which get lost/compromised anyway)? Why not just create different user groups, each having specific access to their own private area?

Comment

Originally posted by ETDC View Post
        Is there any real need for passwords (which get lost/compromised anyway)? Why not just create different user groups, each having specific access to their own private area?
        Agreed.

Comment

That creates allot of extra work for the admins. The idea for the passwords was to create an area of the forum that is inaccessible to the normal forum user.

Comment

I like the idea of a public and private area. It means threads on squad badge designs and tatics can be advised by other people and at the same time those threads "so whose going this weekend..." wont be interupted by people asking silly questions (in all honesty, i've done this before)
            Current Armoury
            TM M14 (OD) Red Dot Scope

ICS m16a3 - standard (as it should be!)

TM Spas 12

Comment

Having just set-up a black knights private forum, its been a success so far due to the fact we have not allowed anyone else in. Without wishing to sound stuck up/snobbish there are times in the past when we've just wanted knights to reply to things and not members of Zero-In. All in all if you have a team member prepared to spend that little extra time on forums dealing with passwords and so on, its well worth the effort.
              i-ache : free gift from apple that arrives the next day when you play/marshal at airsoft.

Originally posted by Fizzy
              He's well and truly taking the pith!
              Originally posted by aribos
              You'll scream for rampage, you kinky git!

Comment

it just makes your team forums yours. if you want to discuss tactics etc. you don't want other teams reading them.
                andrew
                m249 para,m203,m4 cqb,m92f,m190 sf,spr,ak krinkov,ak74,aps2-sv,l96,p226

Comment

great idea - its what they do on Another Forum - although team forums should only really be modded by the team mods not all of the Z1 mods as well.... If only the team can see it - why is a "general moderator" required as well as the team mods?
                  Last edited by Rampage; 28 December, 2008, 15:26. Reason: Rules
                  I APOLOGISE IN ADVANCE IF I BREAK THE RULES.

Comment

Originally posted by ETDC View Post
                    I agree as well, why not just have the 'team captain' and nominated members able to invite and remove people, and only those in the team can access the sub forum. Then no passwords are needed, save the usual login info. :D
                    reality sucks, i'm gonna keep on dreaming

7"dragons,G36c,mp7,l96

f1r3

Comment

Because of the work it would take to do that. A separate usergroup for each team forum would be silly, whereas a password for each one takes little time to do and is easier.

Comment

oh, makes sense :D
                        If the teams aren't separate user groups at them moment, what are they? Are they just links between accounts?
                        good luck with the whole password thingy,
                        f1r3
                        reality sucks, i'm gonna keep on dreaming

7"dragons,G36c,mp7,l96

f1r3

Comment

To be honest, I dont see a real need for passwording and private areas for each team... I think if anything, having to enter another password would keep me *out* of the GZCF forum... by which I mean, I should be in it, and wouldnt be bothered to.

If other people really do think private areas for each team is a good idea, then you could give a nominated 'team leader' the power to add or remove users from the group that can access their part of the forum. That keeps the hastle off of admins at the very least, and would help keep track of team members and numbers for the team.

Just a few thoughts.

Comment

i don't think we do, what do people post in their team forums that is so important that they don't want it to be read by anyone?

surely if it was so secretive or private you wouldn't post it on the internet in the 1st place pass worded or not. i expect most teams have another means to contact one another to share such information.

Comment

i think if it was made accesable to anyone then it would mean that people could veiw your team and maybe get to know them before the battle on the weekend!
                              and also veiw members of the teams because the tiny signatures arent really big enough to have full team logos and stuff.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

G Find out more about G
                              Working...
                              X