This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accurate Sales Titles

Could we make it compulsory to have an accurate sales title. I read this in a thread a few minutes ago, and I agree - I'm tired of seeing JG M4s, with a scope and silencer being called "custom". They're just not. It would also be nice to see the maker of gun put in the title too. Titles should help people.

Re: Accurate Sales Titles

Impossible to police, but I know where you coming from!

Too many threads called "MASSIVE CLEAR OUT". Rush inside, to find 3 items all over priced anyway :D

Comment

I do try to edit titles to suit the sale thread, if they are impossible to work out titles I remove the thread. There is a rule for this:
      Make sure the title of your thread is relevant. I.e the name of the gun/s. Titles like "Uber Gun For Sale" may see your thread removed without warning.

Comment

Ah, ok wasn't aware of that. Cheers!

Comment

Then please go and read the forum rules, you can find them here: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3126

Thanks

Comment

Another thing I'm watching out for that particularly annoys me is 'Fully upgraded!!1!' ending up being a Systema M100 and nozzle, or something of the sort. That and people who mention 'upgrades' without brands.

Comment

i dunno about everyone else but more often than not when i get a gun 'upgraded' i put it into z1 techs so i know its upgraded but could't for the life of me tell you what was in there. Not everyone has the same tech knowledge base as you guys, and some guys have second and third hand guns who sellers told it was 'upgraded' and are just regurgitating what they were told. Its the nature of the beast, some guys just don't have the time/ inclination to get 'that' into thier guns internals.
              Foxtrot Oscar

Comment

What's the point of saying "upgraded" if you don't know whats in there.

Technically my car is modded. Which might sound good. But what it really means is I replaced every broken part as it happened with the cheapest repair.

Comment

true that mate, but odds are that phrase soldf a second hand gun or two. so guys re-selling will use it reguardless. if you sold your car to someone with naff (who says naff anymore?? me obviously) knowledge 'modded' may make the sale. if you are experienced in the deeper aspects of our hobby then you can pick out who knows what they are selling. let everyone else make thier own judgements/ mistakes. not directed at anyone, just saying about 20% of 'softers know what the inside of a gearbox looks like (until last week me outside that bracket). yet 90% of us will at one time or other sell a gun or two.
                  Foxtrot Oscar

Comment

So what you are saying is it is ok to mislead buyers (knowingly or not) to secure a sale as most won't be able to find out anyway? :D

Comment

Hell no, just saying if someone actually believes they have a systema gearbox in a buy they will actually believe they are selling one. i get where you are coming from but as much as i would like otherwise it is not going to change. hell even by knowing what's in there many buyers would not know what you were selling, you say 'systemma internlas prommy etc etc m4' a young/ inexperienced (yet loaded) buyer will see some words in front of 'm4' and assume its ace. why not say 'proper mint shooty stick, will lick out opposition' as on a buyer by buyer basis it will make more sense.
                      Foxtrot Oscar

Comment

You do have to some extent have to take a previous owners words. I see your point there!

However if you sell me a "uber elite newbie killer" with a list of top end parts, which when I open it up are actually all made from art straws and PVA glue - you as the seller would be the one who was responsible ultimately.

Maybe the moral of the story is if you can't identify what you are buying - then best course of action is to buy from a shop or very well regarded seller!

Comment

i concur. at the end of the day you have to go with gut instinct. is it upgraded or is it an art attack that launches BB's.
                          Foxtrot Oscar

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Utrinque Paratus Find out more about Utrinque Paratus
                          Working...
                          X