Loadouts guide in the Gear section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loadouts guide in the Gear section

Would we be able to have a sub forum for loadouts guides (ie 1 thread per type of loadout so UKSF, USSF, Nam, British army blah blah blah...). It would stop the ever present "I want to do a british army/UKSF loadout" all the time as there would be a thread for description of that particular look.
    Please let me know if this is a possibility.

Re: Loadouts guise in the Gear section

I think this is a good idea.
    Originally posted by fijitstiks
    they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
    Originally posted by N3ADS
    Is this you talking from experience ?..
    Originally posted by fijitstiks
    i was at cadets for 3 years

Comment

thats sounds like a great idea, all the info at your finger tips. it also stops duplicate posts
      sigpic

Comment

While I agree with Rampage that we shouldn't have a sticky for every loadout under the sun, I think dedicated gear threads would definitely help moderators and newbies alike.

How many UKSF threads do we have? A new one seems to open every week. The moderators never close them, so they get added to and clutter the forum even more.

Comment

We haven't had a UKSF post in 2 weeks, and there's only one on the go currently.

http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=45204

Comment

I may have been over-exaggerating slightly but I know we've had at least three threads this year.

Comment

I was joking dave. I know where your coming from.

Comment

boris agrees.

in third person.

Boris
                K98 sale ----> http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1216243

Comment

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...=loadout+guide

Although even this highlights the fact that users tend to post a question, without first reading or searching the forum.... but watch this space
                  Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 24 June, 2010, 08:31.

Comment

I don't think setting up specific loadout sub forums will work, newbies coming to the forum wont know where to post, and it will all just end up a big mess.

That said, I will have a think about maybe setting up some geographical sub sections.
                    • Brittish Loadouts
                    • American Loadouts
                    • German Loadouts

How does that sound? Are there any other geographical locations that pop up as often as those 3 that I missed?

Comment

I like the sound of that. That way a thread can be started in the Us Loadouts section for US Army, USMC, US Nam, ...... this would hopefully get people to think to look first before just posting.

You may need to add Other Loadouts as there are a thing like PMC's that don't fit into any of those really.

But alot of this boils down to the newbs asking the same questions without using the search function or even doing a bit of research them selves.

Comment

Sounds great Rampage, but maybe a Film/Game loadouts section too? So the MW2/gamer/green zone/ tears of the sun threads can go there?

Otherwise I think that'll be fine, doesnt need to get more detailed than that

Comment

I would list Films/Games as "Fictional Loadouts"

Comment

Makes sence. And if you have a Misc or Assorted loadouts section any thing real world but not septic, brit or german can go it there,if we end up with several from the same country we can move them to a new subforum for that country. Otherwise where will we put the PMC thread that I know will pop up and there is bound to be a ruski thread too.

Comment

russian and and the east loadouts section too. we'll need VC, and NVA loadouts help to combat all these U.S nam loadouts going about.

Boris
                              K98 sale ----> http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1216243

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Abbadon101 Find out more about Abbadon101
                              Working...
                              X