X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iphone and paypal app ... a warning !

Good people of Zeroin .....

After a quick PM exchange with Rampage , I have been advised to post this subject here as this is probably the most appropriate section.

I would like to offer a word of warning for all buyers using the Paypal app on their iphone.

I recently bought an item here on the forums , as I was away from my laptop at the time I paid using the Paypal app on my iphone.
    Anyway to cut a long story short ... the goods were never recieved and the seller won't reply to my PM's .
    Today I decided to log a dispute with paypal but to my horror I have discovered that payments sent via the iphone app are only sent as personal payments and therefore not covered by paypal's buyer protection insurance.

Currently I am in discussions with Paypal to try and get somthing sorted , but it's looking like I'm £80+ out of pocket.

So that's just a word of warning for everyone to be careful when dealing with paypal and in particular the paypal iphone app

Cheers,
    Andy
    Ekke Ekke Ekke Ekke Ptang Zoo Boing Zow Zing

Re: iphone and paypal app ... a warning !

Mate ive had exactly the same experience.
    Didnt think i was going to get my bits (i did in the end) logged on using my laptop only to find i also could not lodge a dispute.
    Quite a big flaw on paypals part i think, used my iphone and paypal app for loads of transactions, but wont be again untill they sort it out.
    Purly out of interest could you let us know the outcome of your negotiations with paypal, hope it works out for you.

Lee

Comment

I believe that the same restriction is true for m.paypal.com
      Originally posted by TLSFx on the misuse of pyros
      Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

I'd noticed that when I realised no charges were being deducted. I thought the buyer had made the payment as a gift, but he said he'd used his iphone. They should make it clearer

Hope its sorted out for you
        AdeUK

Comment

There is an option in the app that allows you to pay the fees on your end.

Comment

I'm not sure that makes a difference, paypal say the app on the iPhone is more for personal payments, so I'm thinking even if you do take the fees you still have no ability to claim if it all goes wrong.
            The website gives the option of "personal" or "goods" purchases so to be on the safe side that's what I'm using for now untill they get it sorted.

Comment

just use a laptop or cash face to face

as paypal will screw you over anyway

Comment

^^^^ wise words

Update ,
                No reply yet from paypal .

On a brighter note my goods that I was disputing actually turned up , nearly 2 weeks after buying them , but at least they came . Still no explanation from the seller or the common decency to reply to my PM's ... shame on you , you know who you are.

Cheers,
                Ekke Ekke Ekke Ekke Ptang Zoo Boing Zow Zing

Comment

Paying via paypal on you Iphone.

I recently brought an item from a user on here, it was labelled a genuine warrior Ricas, it arrived and it was a cheap clone and was terribly worn. So let's just say, i'm not happy. Especially with the price he had the balls to charge me.

I paid through paypal on my iphone, and it sends it as a type of mobile payment, which is unclaimable!!!!
                  Anyone else made this stupid error and managed to claim back, I know i'm clutching at straws as i'm pretty sure it's a lost cause but you never know.

Let me know guys as I wouldn't mind my £50 back lol.

Comment

Re: Paying via paypal on you Iphone.

There was a thread made by dorsettrooper warning people of this :/

Comment

Re: Paying via paypal on you Iphone.

You know what dude, I even remember seeing this I think ages ago, weren't until it hit the fan when I slapped myself in the head.

Thing is, the user has a respectable feedback score and he won't respond, so i'm pretty much screwed really.

My own fault, lessons learnt though!!
                      Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 18 September, 2010, 22:07.

Comment

I did that aswell , lucky for me it was only few quid. I hadn't seen the posts on it. Only thing you can do is keep trying to get hold of seller and hope someone will tell him/her you need to talk
                        if weve had dealings in the past bought /sold/trade and weve not done feedback let me know .......

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Dorsettrooper Find out more about Dorsettrooper
                        Working...
                        X