Sale Thread Titles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sale Thread Titles

Please can all users start to make an effort with their sales thread titles. A lot of people are simply putting "My clearout", "Gear sale", "A lot of stuff" etc. This isn't really helpful to anyone, so please at least put some sense of what is for sale in the title.

If you have a lot of items, you can generalise slightly, i.e: "Torches, Mags, Parts & More", however simply putting "Lots Of Accessories For Sale - Take A Look" is not acceptable.

Users that create threads that have titles that are unhelpful may find that thread removed in future.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Thanks

Re: Sale Thread Titles

Would "lots of accessories - Torches etc."
    cut it?

Comment

If there is that much for sale, at least 3 of the bigger/better items should be listed in the thread title, unless 50% of the sale was torches in which case, "Torches & 'Other Item' etc." would be ok.

Comment

I have just in the last 24hrs or so listed over 19 items for sale all diverse and some quite different from each other. T

he sales thread is not made easy by having to use outside programs like Photobucket. It took me nearly 2 hrs to list thay lot. I do see your point Rampage but I think trying to list all items for sale in a header or even a few of them is impractical.

I for one when I see a thread with many items or Bits and bobs will always take a look as I know there will possibly be items I may be interested in.

I could list one or two of the items and stick "etc" on the end but it doesn't alter the fact that the listing is full of miscellaneous items not listed in the header.

Edit

That's a fair point and pretty much answers my post Rampage.

Thanks.
        Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Was about to say, I always have a nose through threads with titles such as "mass clear out" etc as well its not hard to skim through items and I have had a few bargains in the past with them. I understand if someone is doing a mass AEG sale it is retarded to generically name it but if people are selling a huge whack of bits and bobs I don't see the problem when all it takes is a quick nose through the thread to see if anything grabs your eye.

If people can't be bothered to have a look through them then that's more bargains for me!

Is their any particular reason for this new rule ie has it being causing moderation issues?

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

New and even some older users, see some one post "Lots of bits for sale" then they post a sale thread with "great gun for sale" thinking that it is acceptable. Users are starting to fall into a bad habit of unacceptable thread titles, which in order to keep this forum flowing, and "stress" free for users, needs to be nipped in the but before it slips too far.

Comment

Yeah fully understand that, it drives me mad when they list such a specific aeg or even a bunch of AEG's like that but couldn't a little leeway be shown when people genuinely have a mass load of random items to sell (which to be fair is generally the case with accessories for sale and parts for sale), helps us bargain hunters out there as well when people are too lazy to scan through the list of items

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

They can still mention some of the bigger/more expensive items they have in the title. As I have already said. http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showpost.php...56&postcount=3

Edit: To add, please only post in this thread if you have a question about what is acceptable or not. Please refrain from personal opinion, the rule has been in place for a while, I am simply refreshing users memories.

Thanks
                Last edited by Rampage; 22 July, 2010, 22:24.

Comment

Or do like the other forums and have a seperate section made up for mass clearouts?

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

That wouldn't change the fact that the thread titles should give you some idea as to what is in the thread.

Comment

Reminding people once again of this.

Threads I find with unacceptable titles will simply be removed from now on. If you can't be bothered to put a proper title, I can't be bothered to give you my time.

Thanks

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Rampage Have you ever stopped and thought about what your life revolves around? My life revolves around Airsoft Find out more about Rampage
                      Working...
                      X