This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sales thread and permission's.

Ok this might just be me but it bugs me alot!

I hate coming onto the forums and seeing some one selling a gun / accessory with only 1-10 posts and 0 feed back.

It instantly makes me think "Must be a scam" and also makes me worry about some poor old person falling for it and losing out on some money.

For example The jerk selling his "rare" Ca G36K which he claims is "Brand new" yet has mud on the rails...

So can the mods make it so that you have to have 50+ posts and be reasonably respected across the forum to sell stuff as i would hate to get scammed as much as the next person!

Feel free to add anything to this just dont flame / start a argument in this thread.

I want other suggestions and a sensible discussion about this.

John
    Hate.
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Dboys AK74U with Samson rail (y)

Re: Sales thread and permission's.

or if they are new to this forum but has been on another one for a long time mabe put a link of the feedback of that forum and proof that it is their profile

and you also haft to have photos with your profle name on paper next to the gun or video proof of the gun working

Comment

Ultimately its the buyers fault if they get scammed if it they do they will learn from it and be wiser 2nd time round.
      I personally ask for the forum when buying a gun or something of high value:

Full name
      Full adress
      Phone no.
      Home phone no.
      E-mail adress
      + for Guns:
      Pic of the trademarks on the gun [if needed]
      3 or more close ups of the gun [front,main and stock]
      A firing video of the gun
      And a pic of the gun with accessories if it has them next to a piece of paper with their username and the date.

Comment

I Agree with everything you just said.

And if a picture can not be obtained the thread is deleted.
        + If you have no means in making a video you must go full wack for the escrow service that zero one provide.
        Other wise again thread deletion

Ohhh and another thing.
        If your feed back (As seller ) is bad you get banned from the sales section.
        Quite simple if you dont play nice you dont get to sell any more.
        Last edited by gijohn2; 8 August, 2010, 22:31.
        Hate.
        "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Dboys AK74U with Samson rail (y)

Comment

Posts like this realy annoy me.
          Has nobody on this forum ever heard of "everyone has to start somewhere"??
          After all where else can you sell a second hand rif? other than a forum nowhere.
          I first came to this forum only to sell my gun and buy another to replace it, i had no feedback score and had been on here for 2 days before i put my gun up for sale, the buyer asked me all sorts of questions both about me and my gun, didnt bother me as i could see where he was coming from and gave out all the details he asked for and the deal was done very smoothly.
          Instead of penalising the genuine first time forum users and putting them off selling on here, buyers have some sense when purchasing your next gun, if it looks too good to be true then it probably is, if you dont like the look of the ad/seller then dont bother.
          If its a genuine seller like me then they wont mind answering your questions and giving out as much detail as you ask for.
          To end i myself trade with people who have low to no feedback because i was there once but i get as much detail out of the seller as i possibly can especialy if it is costing me a lot of money, and if they dont want to give it out they dont get my money and i move on.

Comment

Originally posted by LeeBristolAirsoft View Post
            A firing video of the gun
            How many have the facilities to comply with that?

Comment

I would post links, but to be honest, there are quite a few threads already in forum feedback discussing matters like this.

There is also a lovely guide I posted up in the Rules & Guides section about trading on this forum. You the user ultimately have responsibility when selling/buying on this forum. Take precautions, and you won't end up on the sour end of a deal.

Comment

I insist on a personal sale. I may waive that for people I know, or personally trust. If they say no, then the sale doesn't go ahead.

There has to be an element of trust. Just because someone has 50 posts or 5000 posts doesn't make them trustworthy.

Ultimately it is down to the buyer to take the precautions. Because, if you arent 100% happy you can walk away.
                Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

perhaps some sort of address/verification system like ebay and I think amazon have. You have to have an address confirmed with a letter with a code in the post or something. then at least if things did go sour, youd have a very positive way of getting onto them?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

gijohn2 I like Trains. Find out more about gijohn2
                  Working...
                  X