Q&A On Recent Events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q&A On Recent Events

I would firstly like to apologise for not being on this sooner, I have been travelling to and from work on a crowded bus, and until now I have not had the opportunity to sit down and comprise any form of response. On that note I would like to add that in future, multiple threads because of impatient users will find that user temporarily banned until the matter can be dealt with.

I now request that any user who has a question about recent events to post it here. I will not listen to essays and moaning about the events. Please think before you post, stupid questions, trolling, and replies other than my own will be removed.

If I can answer the question I will, however some questions may be answered via PM as some issues will not be for the general forum. If this is the case this will be done in confidence.

Please note that as I do have a social life I may not be able to reply that quickly this evening, however this thread will remain until I am happy that this forum can continue in the civilised manor that is expected on this forum.

Thanks

Re: Q&A On Recent Events

Ok first up, why has the ban hammer been unleashed on members of the forum who are normally very respectful of the rules and are pretty rarely mixed up in any of the sh1t that goes on on here?

Namely jfox (yes now lifted), heroshark, Robin, Salvation?

Comment

Jfox was temp banned on my request as per what was mentioned in my original post. (Multiple threads on the same issue when I was unable to respond)

Heroshark was temp banned due to his involvement in the trolling thread and was rockinrobin, they will be back 11pm ish this evening, and would hopefully have realised that it isn't acceptable.

Salvation was permanently banned as he is a duplicate account of Renni95, a multiple account user.

Comment

What happened to the SS thread starter?

Also what is the forums position on future threads of a similar nature?

Cheers
        Xadin {sha'din} Monkey

Next skirmish: GZ Woodland TBA

Comment

The original user did not insult, flame, or attack anyone on this forum, as such there was no need to ban him, however a caution has been sent to the user.

Similar threads can and will happen, I advise anyone who is offended to stay out of the thread. Any threads that actually violate the rules (inappropriate) will be removed as and when they are discovered or reported. Inappropriate material is decided by the mod dealing with the situation.

Comment

Lets try this again shall we, please read the original post and all questions & answers to avoid re-posting the same question.

Edit: To add, I am at work at the moment, so may not be able to reply straight away, then I have to get the train threw the New Forest to get back home. If I don't reply straight away please accept my apologise.

Comment

Ok my question

So If I start a thread about building an airsoft ied to use in ambushes
              will I get banned as I'm sure it will offend the same ammount of people if not all persons who see the thread , the same substance that the as thread was started with
              Last edited by Rampage; 12 September, 2010, 07:24. Reason: Removed Sarcastic Comment

Comment

No, however I have always removed such threads, and have always contacted the user to explain why.

Comment

If I stoped my gruffalo feeding with Daves offensive loadout thread, and did not continue on the why is Dave banned thread .Would I still have been banned? As my access seemed to coincide with posting on the why is Dave banned thread.

Comment

1:Why is it that mods lock threads without leaving a message as to why? I know sales threads are closed when it is confirmed sold, but alot of threads are locked for one reason or another with no explanation as to why.

It would save alot of "why is my thread gone?" feedback threads that get locked and deleted in much the same way.

2: What is the ratio of Mods to users? Am I right in thinking hat it is about 8 mods to 4000 something users?

Comment

Hi Rampage,

I have a Question, and i feel alot of people are asking themselves the same thing,

Why is it that I can make a thread,to personally insult,and be little you.
                      Yet, Dave, had a disagrement with you/your moderating team's moral's to do with a racist regime/group(for a loadout),which was a legit dissagrement,

would you not agree that the punishment was defferential between the two of us ?

Also you have banned,Salvation for Duplicate account ? I agree with that, thats fair enough,as it is against the Forum Rules,

Yet LTPurcy, is a duplicate account of Minisnipa, and hes been on here for a very long time,
                      i dont mean to grass you in Purcy, but you did tell me that most of the mods knew,and it is not one rule for you, and another for some one else,

Semp
                      Last edited by Teufelhunden; 12 September, 2010, 13:28. Reason: further information added
                      sigpic
                      Originally posted by Parky
                      Being offended by the deaths of over 6 million people's almost as bad as not using the sales template.

Comment

also just to add, and after a conversation with my friend Alex Parkinson, who is regular at my local site and a good friend,

Why was the user 'Parky' banned after disagreeing with Steve via pm. He'd received an infraction for confrontational things said on the public forum by gadgetmaster, but when he pm'd steve and asked him about certain things to do with dave's banning, Steve said Dave had been ranting' and a load of other stuff despite admitting that he hadn't actually been online and seen what Dave had put at all. When Parky pointed out that Steve was contradicting himself and couldn't know what had actually happened, he was then banned with the reason being 'he was unwelcome on the forum

Parky's banning seems to have been purely because he pointed out Steve was contradicting himself by saying one thing on the forum and admitting he didn't actually know what he was talking about via pm

Parky talked to Steve for about an hour, and it was only after Parky pointed out that Steve wasn't making much sense that he got banned without any warnings or infractions first
                        sigpic
                        Originally posted by Parky
                        Being offended by the deaths of over 6 million people's almost as bad as not using the sales template.

Comment

Can i ask what are the other mods opinions on "davegate"?
                          Originally posted by iNK
                          Tokyo Marui? Can't say I have ever heard of them. Sounds like some sort of Ramen soup. Are you sure you are not reading off the back of a take-away flyer?

Comment

I wasn't here when this all happened, and haven't been online much since. Considering how complicated the situation is, I thought me wading in without knowing the details would just add fuel to the fire. So I'm not getting involved until such a time when I can sit down and piece together what went on.

Comment

Originally posted by heroshark View Post
                              If I stoped my gruffalo feeding with Daves offensive loadout thread, and did not continue on the why is Dave banned thread .Would I still have been banned? As my access seemed to coincide with posting on the why is Dave banned thread.
                              If you hadn't of joined in the trolling thread started by Dave you would not have received the temporary ban.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Rampage Have you ever stopped and thought about what your life revolves around? My life revolves around Airsoft Find out more about Rampage
                              Working...
                              X