This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Censorship on threads?

Hi guys, not trying to antagonise anyone here, but curious to here forum members opinions.

A thread was opened this evening complaining about poor customer service from Z1 and within 15 mins it was closed.

My question is this, is this fair? I understand that this forum is affiliated with Z1 and obviously they want nice, safe discussions, but in discussing poor service, are members (and customers) not just stating their feelings and would discussion of this not help to improve overall customer satisfaction?

I dont know all the ins and outs of the transaction, but clearly something has gone wrong. Z1 has been my airsoft supplier of choice for years and in my opinion is still the best. Surely poor customer service is only going to damage a hard worked for reputation (and I know how hard Z1 have worked to establish themselves), hearing customer opinions and feedback is important as a companies good reputation is vital for continued customer loyalty.

Id be interested in the moderators reasons for closing the previous thread, and maybe fat dogs views? Dan - whats your opinion?

Please try and avoid flaming, lets try and get some answers here
    Originally posted by rockinrobin
    52 asterisks! Is that a forum record for one post?

Re: Censorship on threads?

my view is everybody that goes against Z1 will receive an infraction aha, but yeah if they were a good company than they would allow honest reviews of their service, so they could attempt to improve upon it.

Comment

That was bound to happen there are MODs who wont let anything be said against the people who set up this forum. Shame it would have been nice to get a reply on a different call Ive only had good dealings with Z!

Comment

To be fair if a thread was made with negative feedback to another retailer it would be removed as well.

This forum is kindly hosted by Z1 and yes "you" may have had issues with them but ranting about it on here will not fix anything.

It's the same as any retailer one person will sing their praises whilst another will tell you they are the worst store on the planet.

Threads such as the one that was created created just turn into a troll buffet with people arguing for and against said mentioned stores.

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

I wouldn't criticize the mods. Although it's not explicitly in the rules, it's pretty obvious the people who appointed them wouldn't want those threads to be left around to fester bad opinions and conjecture as we've had before. Their job is afterall to keep this a friendly forum, and that sort of thread is very prone to arguments.

Personally, I think they should let people talk about other airsoft shops, because I've never seen a bad review of any other airsoft shop, as many forum members here wouldn't have, because discussion about them is strictly prohibited. Allow free discussion, and offer the good service you do offer, and you're going to be portrayed in a much more favourable light than you are if you upset just a couple of people but stop anyone from talking about any other shop on the planet.
          sigpic
          Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
          I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

2 sides to every story I guess...

Comment

Ive had nothing but good experience with Z1 too, the guys have worked hard to get themselves where they are, I remember getting gear when it was run out of a house, know what I mean?

I can understand mods defending the forum creators (Dan, im assuming) Dan and Neil started Z1, but I feel that closing that thread was basically breaching freedom of speech. If Z1 has a problem with an employee, then in my opinion thats the sort of thing that SHOULD be discussed on this forum, its feeding back issues to Z1

closing the thread might 'save feelings' but can only create animosity and resentment towards Z1;

in this case, closing the discussion is going to damage their reputation, not protect it.

Comment

Originally posted by dope_on_a_rope View Post
                Allow free discussion, and offer the good service you do offer, and you're going to be portrayed in a much more favourable light
                Couldnt agree more.

Comment

It would be nice to be told by who and why it was closed ? as it has raised its head again.

Comment

I closed and then removed the thread, and have alerted the staff at Zero One. Needless to say threads like that always end up the same way, which is why they are closed or removed.

Comment

I would also like to point out that the thread, pointed out to me after it was removed, was getting out of hand.

People were suggesting a boycott of Z1 just because 1 user had suggested he had a bad time or negative attitude. A user who had made what we call "unsubstantiated claims" about what happened. Z1 do not trawl these forums looking to reply to negative threads, and nor should they have to. This is not the area for complaint, that is done via telephone, email or some other form of direct communication.

I removed a thread a short while ago where someone was slamming a different supplier, so it is not partisan deletion going on, it's just not good when people who only use a log on name on forums start to blacken the name of a supplier. You never know who these people are, exactly the same as when a rival airsoft site posted on here a short while ago about GZ, their only intention was to put people off coming and the info they supplied was a complete fabrication.

Freedom of speech!? May I be so bold as to suggest starting a blog page and not posting on a moderated forum.
                      REMEMBER : Always report cheating tag numbers to a marshal. If you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem.Bitching about cheaters/problems, but doing nothing to catch/solve them safely ensures the problem exists next time.

You can't be bothered to report them, and they can't be bothered to take their hits. Perhaps they should all join a team called the can't be bothered and all sit together quietly as the can't be bothered to speak to each other.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jibjobbob Ex Forces Find out more about jibjobbob
                      Working...
                      X