This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Could Not Think Of A Name View Post
    This is what i think too mate... the thread should be locked after its setup and you should have to PM any additional info that you want added into each thread to a mod and its got an auto 3 day bump or something.... would stop a lot of congestion on the forum.
    Exactly either leave them alone and just delete the blatantly stupid stuff ie will you split one mag, when the template says no splits.
    Or locked on opening with only OP able to post on it for bump or sold info.

Comment

Re: 'You have PM!'

Some people say no splits but do anyway. If you don't ask you don't get. Things change. I think it works fine as it is. It gives people looking a heads up on who's interested, whats gone and who's having what and if it falls through you know. If you want to be PM'd only then say it in the advert. I also find if I comment on the thread and show interest then I can look in my previous posts and find it again if it gets lost as people add stuff all the time and after 2 days it can get shoved 2-3 pages back. It works fine as it is in my opinion

The Unit-13 Vipers are Recruiting
      Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Uni...92968847384478
      UK Airsoft Wiki Moderator

Comment

Sounds to me like someone is having a bit of a pointless rant IMO. I find people notifying me that i have a pm inbound helps a lot, because sometimes i get multiple pms and sometimes forget to check one or two, that extra notification makes sure i'm alert to them.

Comment

If you get a PM then you get email confirmation. There's just no need for "you have PM". Unless I have a question I don't post on the thread. Even then it is only if there is further information required about the item. This give the opportunity for the seller to update without too many pointless "you have pm's put on the thread.

If I decide to make an offer of purchase, I always pm the person. This way he gets it direct and he has more chance of reading it. Some people don't check their sales thread for days or even weeks.

As for who gets in first... As Jag says, it is who can pay first, not who puts you have pm, first. I also will add. I will also sell to whoever I choose to. On more than one occasionI have seen bad payers and suchlike complain they were passed over by me even though they feel they were first in line. Well, sorry, it is my item and if I feel the sale is likely to be difficult I will choose to sell to someone else.
          Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

IF you post PM without a Reason ( The ones Fizzy has posted for you ) the post will be removed.

Posting "PM'd for pictures" is not a legitimate reason as it is no better than asking "Any Pics"

Any post asking for something that is not in the OP Splits / Swaps etc, will also be removed, and a Reminder may be sent. Both of these are already part of the forum spam rules and have been from the start. You are completed within your rights to report anyone who spam your threads with these posts

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Montesa77 I've got a book out if you want to read it. It's called 'Life In A Bin' Find out more about Montesa77
            Working...
            X