This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me?

I have just been looking through the aeg classifieds, now I can understand people wanting decent money for decent guns.

But am I the only one who thinks people want unrealistic money for broken guns.

If you are going to advertise it as custom gun, surely the least it needs to be is in good working condition, not broken ''needing tlc'' etc.

Yes I know people can put what ever price they want on their own gun, but come on.....
    Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Re: Is it just me?

They CAN put whatever price they want doesn't mean they're gonna get that just let them live in their dream world and if they do sell it around they're price well the price was justified because someone bought it, remember something is only worth its price if someone is willing to pay that price...

Comment

+1, infact kudos to the seller if they can get someone to buy something for 10x more than it's worth. Not fair at all on the buyer though, but kinda believe the buyer should incorporate some common sense...
      Last edited by Mattplus; 30 September, 2010, 16:20.

Comment

^ if you want something off one of these sellers offer a realistic price and if they don't accept move one...its not unfair just rather stupid of them.

Comment

Agreed, my point was more aimed towards the fact that if I was selling a custom gun. I would make sure it was in tip top condition. My gear is always kept in very good condition, but in the event of a breakage I would replace what ever was damaged or broken, at least then it shows you care about your things. Deserving a slight increase in value.
          Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Yes good point although some people can build custom guns but can't be bothered to fix it I would never buy a custom gun of them simply because I couldn't trust the quality of they're custom job, however I don't mind people listing broken guns as long they're at a realistic price...

Comment

I agree with the OP people ask far to much for broken stuff, each to there own i guess.

Ive had 3 AEG's of this forum in the last 2 weeks and not one of them was as described! I just hope that not everyone is like this although its happened to me 3 times now with 3 seperate sellers. I cant see why people dont just be honest i mean some of the problems with the stuff ive bought could of been justifed by asking just a bit less!! i dont see what people think they will achive misleading people. Rant over.

Sorry to go a bit off topic
              Originally posted by massey666
              I wouldnt worry mate, a quick shot in the garden wont make a whole SAS team jump out the bushes and fill you full of lead :P

Comment

its worrying that maybe the younger and less experienced maybe even new to airsoft might get caught with these silly prices i mean its fine for people who know what there getting into but i spose there's always the possibility of asking for advice on here after all it is a forum :D

Comment

I have bought & sold on here without any problems with pricing etc, maybe cause I tell it how it is, if it has even the slightest problem I would list it in the ad as its not worth the hassle.

PS Anyone want to buy my mint condition golf GTI.

LINKY:p
                  Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 30 September, 2010, 17:03.

Comment

Not at all.

Usually a broken gun needs next to nothing apart from technical know how to make it work again. It might need a new piston or something, but that's £20 maximum. Now that might not be so easy for newbies, but that doesn't change that the gun only needs a little bit a time and money to get working again, so it shouldn't have its price halved. I agree that totally fubarred peices should be downpriced, but anything that's only got a small gearbox fault should be almost at full second hand price.

However, on the subject, the thing that annoys me is people who say 'broken' without saying what the gun's symptoms are. Most of the time it's possible to have a pretty damn good guess as to what's wrong by the gun's behavior, but if people just say 'oh it's broken', then it could be a piston, it could be that a stake has been driven through the gearbox.

Ok not that. But you know what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Littletruck View Post
                      I would be amazed if he got even half that price, I have bought & sold on here without any problems with pricing etc, maybe cause I tell it how it is, if it has even the slightest problem I would list it in the ad as its not worth the hassle.

PS Anyone want to buy my mint condition golf GTI.

LINKY:p
                      THANK YOU!! another genuine seller Ive seen in the ads someone selling an item hes actually cut bits off and doesn't even sodding mention it its deplorable

Comment

I'm sure that could be buffed out.....
                        Just because you can doesn't mean you should......

Comment

I agree somewhat with you keeper but its in the instances where people are like it just doesnt work.... then ask good money for it? could be anything?

and littletruck ill have your golf ive got a tub of tcut somewhere :P
                          Originally posted by massey666
                          I wouldnt worry mate, a quick shot in the garden wont make a whole SAS team jump out the bushes and fill you full of lead :P

Comment

I will only buy a used RIF of someone i know or someone who goes to my site or someone local i like to look and try before i buy. but most times i would rather spend that bit extra and buy new.

Comment

Wouldn't buy something broken to be honest as I wouldn't want the hassle of spending time and effort on fixing it, besides I probably wouldn't be able to fix it properly if it had something majorly wrong with it... And no offence to anyone selling a 'faulty' product but after working in a technical part of a computer retailer for several years I just don't trust the sellers or the customers, with this in mind if I buy something from a shop they have to abide by UK law, whereas if I buy something from someone I haven't got a leg to stand on if it goes Pete Tong.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

North West Outpost Find out more about North West Outpost
                              Working...
                              X