Giving advice in to people.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giving advice in to people.

Right then straight away im not looking for an argument.

Im just wondering if just me or is it happening to others.

I like a lot of people on here help out other players in need of a bit of help here and there regarding everything from oppinions on kit to how to repair there aeg.

I dont consider myself an airsoft techie in any way, i do however make a point of stripping, cleaning and learning as much as i can about every aeg i purchase more for my peace of mind than anything else, there are however things i dont know about aegs.

When i post in a tech thread it is from personal experience of the particular aeg being asked about, or of a repair i have done succesfuly myself.

Why then do people feel the need to belittle the responses given?
    Twice just today ive had to bite my lip and grin and bear it because some oik has decided to slate the response i have given to a question, it does seem to me however to be happening more and more.

Why if i or any other user is wrong cant it just be pointed out politley?
    If im wrong then im wrong im big enough to admit the fact.
    What i dont need is cocky little boys trying to belittle the response i have given possibly trying to draw me into an argument that could be detrimental to my enjoyment of this forum.

Please just have some manners and a little respect, thats all that is needed.

Lee

Re: Giving advice in to people.

Not as I was involved in the above ones, and not as something directed at yourself particularly...

But it is equally annoying when good solid advise loses it weighting, as multiple people post on a thread with either mis-information, pure rumour or a wild stab in the dark.

Comment

Oh i do agree, however if it is my advice thats at fault, i dont mind being politley corrected as i would do for anyone else i felt was giving out bad advice.

Comment

i agree fully man there's so many people looking for an argument on here. i think its because a forum is a great way to "act" like you know everything. i don't know enough to shake a stick at but i know enough to give good advice from personal experience like yourself and i get shot down i know what you mean about biting ya tongue but all i can say is take solace in the fact that they come across as complete a****** and your just being genuine
        Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 5 October, 2010, 07:33.

Comment

Well, if they are sounding like they are flaming or trolling have you reported it? I am sure the mods would act on information received. Well, actually I am not certain at all, but at least you have then done everything by the book.
          Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Mate i just stop typing before it gets me into problems.
            After recent events i just choose to grin and bear it rather than risk warnings etc.
            But if it did get that bad i would have no hesitation in reporting it.

Comment

Two options

1. If you deem that the user is flaming or trolling (same user on all threads etc) report it and Mods will have a look.

2. If you are unsure PM or otherwise bring it to the attention of dope_on_a_rope, as Tech Advisor he can make a decision on the post and if he deems it spam he can have it removed, or report it to the Mods for further action.

Comment

Cheers steve
                Dope did jump in on a thread yesterday and stop it getting out of hand, not that it prob would have if he hadnt, but he was on it pretty quick all the same.

Comment

It seems this has been given it's due attention from the mods for which I'm sure many people will thank them. And the following post is no reflection on how the mods do their job so please don't take offence.

I would just like to say though, this sort of behaviour is kind of expected in a setup like this. I'm not trying to make excuses for anyone that is rude, etc. Infact although I try not to, I'm sure I've at some point come across as being rude, obnoxious or just a general p***k to someone for which I apologise. But on a public forums like this, there are always going to be strong willed, opinionated people that like to get their point across, even if it is incorrect (infact I think I'm guilty of all this too lol). And perhaps they have not been taught the importance of manners or maybe they don't have the same kind of social etiquette or maybe they just can't control themselves, sorry if this again comes across as being anything anti social or derogatory but I really believe that unfortunately it comes with the territory.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tisane Find out more about tisane
                  Working...
                  X