Compatibility Sticky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compatibility Sticky

Any chance of a sticky on exactly what fits what?
    For example - M4 mags fit a Hk416, M9M92 mags fit a M190.
    Get my drift?
    Could be in the technical section and backed up by the techs instore maybe? Save calling them all the time or having to go to the shop to try and see what does/doesn't fit.

Re: Compatibility Sticky

The problem is that this isn't the case for some brands, example I have lots of AR15 based guns but one mag I own will only fit in the gun it came with (the A&K Lr300). But all the rest fit in it and work fine.

Comment

Theres the tollerance side of things too.
      Some of the cheaper end guns/mags etc...etc can vary even from the same manufacturer.
      I can see a lot of "you told me this would fit and it doesnt!!" replys to that type of thread.

Comment

Hence the suggestion that it is backed up by Zero One.
        No issues then and when someone calls them or goes online to buy it's right from the start.

Comment

The problem is just to fiddly, I mean I had a G&P m4 body that NO delta ring would fit, I tried: CA, G&P, TM, G&G, ICS..... and none fit at all. I had to have it filed down by about 1mm all round to make it fit and even then it was very tight.

Comment

You just answered your own criticism though - you KNOW that that isn't compatible so it can go on the list.
            Simplez..........
            Next..........

Comment

So you're saying that a G&P Delta Ring SHOULD NOT fit on a G&P body? I think you missed Abaddon's whole point.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
                You just answered your own criticism though - you KNOW that that isn't compatible so it can go on the list.
                Simplez..........
                Next..........
                So what happens when i disagree because my G&P delta ring fits all of the guns he mentioned?
                Just because his didnt fit dont mean to say mine wont.

Comment

Great idea imo, theres so many posts of will this fit this ect, and ive been one of the posters!

Even if it is very minimal to start, people will just add there own experiences and let people draw from it what they wish. good idea
                  sigpic

Comment

FFS! - is it that hard?
                    Its more about what mag does fit, which pistol parts are the same, etc.
                    F.E. M190, M9, M92 are the same gun, TM used the same internals on all of their pistols so they cross over, Glock, 17,18,19,26, etc cross over.
                    As usual for this site it turns into a shitting match.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
                      FFS! - is it that hard?
                      Its more about what mag does fit, which pistol parts are the same, etc.
                      F.E. M190, M9, M92 are the same gun, TM used the same internals on all of their pistols so they cross over, Glock, 17,18,19,26, etc cross over.
                      As usual for this site it turns into a shitting match.
                      You are asking to have a compatibility thread made. Ok fair enough but you aren't listening when we say there are way too many variables to take into consideration.

Yes all AK's should take all types of AK mag. But this isn't the case. I know of people who have 2 AK's form the same company and 5-6 mags form various people and one gun will only take 2 of the mags where as the other takes all of them.

Its not a simple case of M4 mags will fit :M4's M16's HK416's LR300's L85's ACR's TAR21's and so on. Certain brands won't fit in certain guns and even then you may have a funny mag. I have 9 TM sopmod mags and all but one slid in and out beautifully and that one is a tight fit and requires a small tug to get it out, and they are all the same brand, so when you start crossing brands it just gets even worse.

Comment

I understand that with China soft there are issues BUT there are certain things that are a given like internals. Had this conversation with Zero One today on pistol parts and mags.
                        I.e. TM/KJW will cross over, KSC will unless its system 7, etc.
                        Also with the models - M9 is the same as a M92 or a 190, etc.

Comment

i can see where this guys coming from, there are certain points you can make with regards to compatibility, generally speaking.

Removing the inconsistencies in manufacturers quality control or product finish, you can for example say that TM glock mags, will fit in a KSC glock, but not vice versa as KSC mags are slightly too thick (i'm sure that's the case, might be the other way around but the point remains).

Explaining loud and clear that with certain parts there have been issues, but generally should fit may be a better idea. 'Should', being the key word...

Just my 2 cents
                          Last edited by izza; 26 October, 2010, 01:59.
                          Sh*t happens. But mostly to me, so you're okay.

----

Comment

i meant to say HFC, not KSC...
                            Sh*t happens. But mostly to me, so you're okay.

----

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Hammy Find out more about Hammy
                            Working...
                            X