Please engage your Brain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please engage your Brain

Hi guys, I'm having another little rant here.

Okay, first off I've just been reading a few threads in the General Airsoft Discussion and the New Players/ Advice section, and this morning a couple of threads from the Tech section.

I'd like to ask people to do the following:-

Use your brains and search the forum. Oh wait a second, no result? Did you try searching Google for your answers?

Google is my most used resource on the computer no matter where I am; the number of questions regarding compatibility, Lipo's, is this gun any good, etc. are pathetic.

More than 80% of the time, I can guarantee the answer can be found on/ via Google.

Please, lets start using google.

It will avoid the opening of threads for topics that have already been covered. Some to their death...
    Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 26 November, 2010, 03:59.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Re: Please engage your Brain

I agree! '+1'

Comment

Agree

Comment

And also, if may, people posting things for the sheer hell of it - some of the peoples posting stats versus time on the forum beggars belief!
        "Someone please get this muppet some skills!"

Comment

I agree

Comment

agreed
            Originally Posted by LtPurcy
            you dont just get handed it, you chase it for 30 miles around dartmoor.
            Originally Posted by spetsnazdave87
            It's like the golden snitch but for hard bastards

Comment

Don't forget Bing and Yahoo!

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
              A brain?
              Originally posted by snuff
              Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

So asking people in the know instead of looking at random google results is not allowed on the forum anymore?
                Yes it is a little anoying seeing the same "whats the best M4 thread" day in day out, but its also anoying seeing those immortal words "do a search"
                I believe its been said before "if you dont like whats in the thread dont comment at all"

Simple.

Comment

And guess what? I didn't comment.

The truth of the matter is this... the results speak for themselves. There's all the above people that agree with me.

Besides, sometimes the results Google (and others, Montesa) provide will often point in the direction of companies or professional expertise. For example, someone who's been flying RC helicopters for 8 years is going to know quite a lot more than anybody in the world of airsoft regarding batteries.

Yet apparently, it's the forum members that "know it all".

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

If they used it better then shitely

Ie search a phrase like slam firing on tm gspec

Not just gspec problem

But if they can't use it get of the forum or block them til they can

Comment

Can you give me the web address for Google please??

:p
                      Life is a short warm moment, death is a long cold rest,
                      you get your chance to try, in the twinkling of an eye,
                      eighty years with luck or even less.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
                        And guess what? I didn't comment.

The truth of the matter is this... the results speak for themselves. There's all the above people that agree with me.

Besides, sometimes the results Google (and others, Montesa) provide will often point in the direction of companies or professional expertise. For example, someone who's been flying RC helicopters for 8 years is going to know quite a lot more than anybody in the world of airsoft regarding batteries.

Yet apparently, it's the forum members that "know it all".
                        You have a point in saying people need to use the search function / search engines, but people who airsoft want to speak and get advice from others who airsoft.

Yes i'm with you on the "which m4 is bestest" or "where can I buy" kind of threads, but sometimes it is someone who has searched the forum (maybe not googled it) and just wants advice from an airsofter.
                        Bit-o-everything M4 RIS /TM MP5A4 / JG G36C / KWA MP9 NS2 / WE G39C / KSC USP / TM Beretta PX4 / TM 1911 MEU / DE M56 shotty

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost MacRoth View Post
                          Can you give me the web address for Google please??

:p
                          http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Google

;-)

Comment

The forum would be a lot better if nobody posted any questions, or infact any posts at all....

Comment

Believe it or not, Icebass, searching with Google will often pull results from other airsoft forums and sites, meaning that their post would be obsolete, considering they've just found the answer.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Gaffa Nicknamed "Gaffa" because I can be bossy, but get the job done! I'm built for comfort, not speed... Find out more about Gaffa
                              Working...
                              X