X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Please engage your Brain

Originally posted by tisane View Post
    http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...325#post547325

Like the guy says what sort of impression is that to give of airsofters to the new guys?
    Guys, people are happy enough to criticise here for not using the search facility, but at the same time are now posting retailer links and names on the other thread.
    sigpic

Comment

I wonder how many newbies join our great forum everyday and who just want advice from people in the know?
      Then to see "bloody search" how off putting must that be?
      No matter how offen i see those "stupid" threads started im happy to try and help or give my opinion if i can, or if i cant just leave it well alone.

Is it realy that hard to resist the urge to put "search" in some poor noobs thread.
      See this is the problem though, is people at times are too lazy and just want a quick fix, at times google is even quicker than waiting for a reply on an over asked question. Now I know this will harp a dead era, but ASCUK at times had it right (mostly not though) that place didnt take prisoners with stupid questions, or question that had already been asked.
      But google is at times (mostly) quicker and more effective, Iv learnt how to strip and rebuild and work on nearly all my AEGs and pistols by using google, funnily though some of it linked to here anyway. If I dont get the exact answer I need and I havent seen the question on here, then I ask.
      section 24 of the 1968 Act
      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
        Guys, people are happy enough to criticise here for not using the search facility, but at the same time are now posting retailer links and names on the other thread.
        I see some warnings being dished out tonight...lol

Comment

I see some warnings being dished out tonight...lol
          Yeah someone has used a stock picture with another reatailers watermark scrawled across it... Oh dear...
          www.Conjuctivitus.com Now that's a site for sore eyes

Comment

Below is the sticky from the New players section. (this can also be applied to posts that appear in other section to a degree) and If New player and Advice type question are found in General Airsoft, then a request can be made to move them to the N.P.A. section where none of you have to read them.

Posting in Advice & New Players and Searching the Forum

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New User, please try the search function before posting a question.

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/search.php

The Forum requires 4 characters to search so use a Astrix (s) * to make up the required numbers

Example MP5* or M4**

To Users who reply.................

This section is for Advice & New Players, that means that the majority of users posting here know very little, or nothing about the subject they are enquiring about.

If you wish to part with some of your wisdom and knowledge, or link to to a place on the forum that already gives that information, then please do so. I am sure it will be appreciated.

I know users asking the same thing, or asking what you perceive is a stupid question over and over, can be frustrating, but if your only response is going to be disparaging, or "try using the search function" or "google it" then please don't bother and refrain from posting in this section.

Education is key.

If repeat posts and stupid questions annoy you, please do not read this section.

Thank you

.................................................. ..................................................
            Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 26 November, 2010, 00:52.

Comment

There is no such thing as a stupid question. Only stupid or ignorant answers.
              As the electrician who taught me, as an apprentice, once said.

Not evey one reads the rules before posting, we all started somewhere and all needed guiding in the right direction. As others have said, don't post if you don't like the question, if not, a bit of constuctive advice is free and may go a long way to showing newbies the correct way.

Comment

All been said before... bored now...
                Xadin {sha'din} Monkey

Next skirmish: GZ Woodland TBA

Comment

I am annoyed too Gaffa, but at the end of the day the people that don't search themselves/post stupid and repeat threads, are the same people that will never ever read this one or read the rules. You just have to kinda live with it..
                  Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

A seemingly pointless thread, that has been done many a time before, discussing the annoyance of seemingly pointless threads that have been done many times before.

The irony is not lost on anyone i hope.

I feel we should be encouraging new players and their discussion. Not resisting it because we've been on the forum every minute of every day and see every post on the "new posts" page. It amazes me how some people think their questions are worth more merit than others.

Comment

I like threads like this, mainly because it makes me realise that people do just post for the hell of it!

Also, I know you people complain about the amount of "What gun should I buy for £1.38 and kitkat?" threads, but you're also the same people that complain when others bring a post back from about a year ago! The double standards are amazing.

"Use the search function! You suck!"

"You used the search function but you brought an old thread back! You suck!"

Seriously? Pfft... New members just can't seem to win.

(Sorry if someone posted similar to this, I haven't read through the entire thread.)
                      The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by helpimonfire View Post
                        (Sorry if someone posted similar to this, I haven't read through the entire thread.)
                        Well ya shoulda searched!

Comment

Agreed it is annoying when people don't bother to use the search function but it's also more annoying when people cannot be bothered to read the RULES on ANY forum.

Then when they are pulled on it decide to argue the toss with "i have not done anything wrong" & then try to be a smart arse with their interpretation of the rules.

So unless you are whiter than white don't start useless threads.

Comment

HAHAHA you get moaned at for asking questions about what gun ammo or anything else but ask ,Could an airsoft gun kill a zombie? and nobody batters a eyelid just think it is funny i wonder if i put it into the search to see what comes up for that.

Comment

Originally posted by narrowboat View Post
                              HAHAHA you get moaned at for asking questions about what gun ammo or anything else but ask ,Could an airsoft gun kill a zombie? and nobody batters a eyelid just think it is funny i wonder if i put it into the search to see what comes up for that.
                              Haha, I guess it's more important to ask an `original` question than a relevant one!
                              Signature Removed

Comment

Originally posted by Roxy View Post
                                http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=78141

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...light=question

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...hlight=players

Doing a quick search of this forum revealed that this thread has come up several times itself...even as early as a week ago. So really, you're all hypocrites :P
                                maybe gaffa should have used the search, even google, before starting this thread! :p

ahhh but I can't help but agree with everyone... I haven't had much luck myself with google... either I get confused or get sent down the wrong path. You guys are veterans! :D bound to be able to help- just some things like "best armalite" deserve canning.
                                sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Gaffa Nicknamed "Gaffa" because I can be bossy, but get the job done! I'm built for comfort, not speed... Find out more about Gaffa
                                Working...
                                X