'Naming and shaming'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Naming and shaming'

Since it seems to be in doubt what the format for trader disputes are, I'll clarify here.

If you are suspicious enough to warrent starting a thread, please PM one of the moderators, who are more than happy to help deal with a situation. More often than not a polite but stern PM from a mod will force a user to respond and the trade can be sorted out amicably.

Naming and shaming is fine once a user has been conclusively identified as a scammer. However, immediatly spouting off after 2 days of no word from your trader just creates flame wars and gives a user a mostly undeserved bad name. Even if the thread is removed after the situation has been resolved, the user's name will stick for all those who read about it.

Keep in mind that most trade 'disputes' are a simple result of PM's not going through, illness, or otherwise absence from internet access.

Thank you.

Re: 'Naming and shaming'

Well last year we all got told we can name and shame aslong as I is not mallow or malitious

So have they changed again without us knowing

As I said before the bad feedback from scammers have been removed as they pm you lot

Comment

Last year it was exactly the same. If someone is a genuine scammer, name and shame. However, someone who has simply not responded for two days does NOT get a hate thread started about them. PM a mod and we will sort it out. That has always been the way.

Comment

Not I wasn't as you just said a major scammer was an exepetion

No one is

If they are bad traders they need to be shamed

but as always people won't hav the information

Beyond a joke people trying to cover it up

End of

Comment

When you have quite finished.

Read what I wrote again. Confirmed bad traders and scammers should be named and shamed.

People who have simply not responded for a few days and could have a very legitimate reason for not doing so should NOT be named and shamed.

THAT. Is the end of the matter.
          Last edited by The Keeper of Secrets; 16 December, 2010, 13:32. Reason: spelling

Comment

You can Name and Shame "Bad Traders" as long as it is not mallow or malicious via itrader as always. This allows you to let other Users know without turning into a thread flame war or a massive rant thread (which what happened on the old Rate a Trader)..

Moderators will not (and it does state so in the rules) get involved in itrader disputes unless there are exceptionally circumstances, and I myself will not change feedback unless it is a mutual request from both parties.

Any Major Scammer (yes we had a famouse one and all know who he was) would be Named.

Comment

Think I'd rather send a PM to everyone on my friends list and let them know about suspicious activity from X username. If I'm going to be disallowed the function of doing it publically (which is fine), there's certainly nothing wrong in doing it via PM, if it's for the greater good.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Nothing what so ever wrong with sending a pm Gaffa (accept when you sending them to me :p)

Comment

Hehe okay thanks. I'll go back to my hole now.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

The Keeper of Secrets TreadStone Captain and Team Sniper. Find out more about The Keeper of Secrets
                  Working...
                  X