Try my Zeroin Search Please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Try my Zeroin Search Please?

Hi guys, i am currently helping the Airsoft Wiki guy out with his site search feature. One of my suggestions that works well on a few sites i manage is the Google Custom search.

To demo what i was saying i created one for these forums as i hate having to wait 45 seconds to do a search on here. It took me what-5mins. And maybe with the time Zeroone could create one of these and set it up nicely for two reasons.

To help ease traffic to their server.
    To stop making users wait 45S to do a search.

Give it a go if you wish.

Merry Chrsitmas and all the best for 2011 guys.

Nick

ohh, the link...

http://zeroinsearch.webs.com/

Re: Try my Zeroin Search Please?

Well, your search isn't great. Even if that was full-screened and easier to skim read, it doesn't break it down as nicely as the one we already have. The built in one displays threads, or posts if you'd rather, in a chronological sensible order. It lets you know which threads you've read or posted in, if it's a hot topic, and when the thread was last used and who made it. It's all at your fingertips with the forum search function. Your search function doesn't seem nearly as neat or useful to me. If I was searching for something, I get the impression the forum search function would be quicker, even if it does take 40 seconds to load. Curiously the forum search loaded in about 3 seconds for me, and the first time I loaded yours, it took about 20 seconds. The second time I used yours, it took about 1 second to load, and about 3 to complete the search and list it.

As I say, even if it searches faster, doesn't mean I'll find what I want faster.
    Sorry to be so critical.
    sigpic
    Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
    I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

tho its not as neat as the standard one the plus side for me is the fact it brings up results for acronyms, i.e. vfc pdw or the like which returns no results on the zeroin search function (something thats always really bugged me!)

Comment

i did not spend time making it look good, i just wanted to show the guy with the AirsoftWiki what it can do.
        When I mean the 45s thing i mean the forced wait (by the forum) before i can conduct another.

I value the response of yous, thanks.

Comment

I see what you mean. I'd forgotten about that little quirk.

At Naff44: When searching for acronyms, you get better results by using * marks. So in your example I'd type "*VFC* *PDW*".
          sigpic
          Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
          I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

Yes as Dope says you need to add * to the value of 4 at the end, as the forum will not search for anything shorter VFC* PDW* MP5*

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

nick Find out more about nick
            Working...
            X