Bit late now, but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bit late now, but...

Next year, could we have a 'bump amnesty' in the sales forums in the fortnight run-up to Christmas? Maybe allow 1 per day? I'm guessing it might just help folks sell their stuff quicker.

Just a thought.

Re: Bit late now, but...

I guess the problem would be that if everyone bumped daily, they'd all still be in the same order, and yours would probably still be on page 2 or 3!?
    Signature Removed

Comment

Well, those 'more dedicated' to the forum would reap the rewards I'm guessing?

Comment

Originally posted by NitroJoe View Post
        I guess the problem would be that if everyone bumped daily, they'd all still be in the same order, and yours would probably still be on page 2 or 3!?
        Claps for you.
        I agree.
        Especially if everyone was doing it, yours could be on page 1 then on page 3 1 hour later. Wouldn't do much, also it would be annoying clicking on new posts then going through 100's of sales over and over again.

Comment

You already have the right idea asking people to post their questions on the thread panoptes, they bump it for you. Just set the thread update to instant, you get an email then, that's what I do anyway
          Signature Removed

Comment

I imagine the moderators check every new post. To have to check 3 times as many because they changed the bump rule, and at the busiest time of the year too, would probably result in the wholesale loss of a moderating staff and the helpers.
            sigpic
            Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
            I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

Just put your stuff up for sale earlier, although said by the others that it would make little difference, I actually think it would make things worse for you. On a normal day your post would only be in competition from new threads and those that where using their permitted 3 day bump, with your suggestion every one with a open sale could bump their post knocking your thread down a lot quicker.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Panoptes Gunnoisseur [n] pron: ['gun-uh-sur', -soor'] [Purveyor of fine taste in firearms]. Find out more about Panoptes
              Working...
              X