• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Advertising

twice ,and I would have got away with it if it wasn't for them pesky kids

Comment

Originally posted by Rampage View Post
      Editing the sig made it clear and also informed the user as to why. I don't think a PM was needed saying the same thing.

Well you could of removed the sig and just PM'd me.
      Leaving the note wasn't very polite, I would of much preferred a private message explaining, but no biggie.

What I want to know is, which you didn't make clear, how is having the STAR symbol advertising?

You said to me, it was the symbol which was the issue and not the fact i'm mentioning my sales in my Signature.

If I remember correctly the only issue with my signature was the fact I had the STAR symbol in it, which was classed as advertising (through the eyes of the moderators).

Also, just to clarify - I wasn't actually advertising anything external like
      a business or a shop, only what is already in the zero in classifieds.

I just don't see any sense or logic in the decision to remove it because of the symbol.

It's like Banning a BMW symbol on a car forum, absoloutley no logic whatsoever.....

In fact - doesn't it sound retarded to ban a BMW symbol on a car forum because the mods feel it's advertising??! -- Ha - ridiculous! :p (It's the same principle)

Comment

So does that mean we cannot take close ups of the tokyo marui trades etc on our guns, as that would be the same sort of thing wouldnt it, in a sig or not its the same, or even a nice close up of the manufacturer on a gun box? Stupid imo.
        sigpic

Comment

The term "You can't have it both ways" springs to mind.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
            The term "You can't have it both ways" springs to mind.
            In what way do you mean
            sigpic

Comment

This is exactly the kind of thing that will loose you the older forum members very quickly. Much like it did the last time the mods started laying around with the big sticks for no apparent.

How come its fine for people to link sites like the Tokyo Marui home page or the G&P one, or to link pictures form the new releases section on a manufacturers website in the news section but displaying their logo is advertising?

Comment

Originally posted by Abbadon101 View Post
                This is exactly the kind of thing that will loose you the older forum members very quickly. Much like it did the last time the mods started laying around with the big sticks for no apparent.

How come its fine for people to link sites like the Tokyo Marui home page or the G&P one, or to link pictures form the new releases section on a manufacturers website in the news section but displaying their logo is advertising?
                Yeah your right, a mate of mine B.e.n very often links pages to Airsoft International for new releases, since then I have started buying Ai again after stopping. Does that count that he should be banned or warned for advertising to because i'm spending money on a different product?

Comment

In all fairness, it WAS phrased like an advert.

"STAR - Airsoft guns and accessories".

However, since it was linked to a sale thread, it still isn't acceptable.

Comment

STAR do'nt exist much any more now.
                    they're ares i belive

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler View Post
                      STAR do'nt exist much any more now.
                      they're ares i belive
                      Your point? Plenty of places still sell STAR products, even if they are no longer manufactured under that name.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonyyoungs1989 View Post
                        Yeah your right, a mate of mine B.e.n very often links pages to Airsoft International for new releases, since then I have started buying Ai again after stopping. Does that count that he should be banned or warned for advertising to because i'm spending money on a different product?
                        ah but B.E.N makes many mentions and appraisals to zeroin/zeroone on his blog :P seriously though he isnt saying "go here, buy this" but rather is making note of articles/etc. I would say this is not advertising.

This seems to have gotten a bit OTT, the Moderator has already explained that he wasnt being malicious etc. It looked slightly like advertising so they removed it to stop others using it as an excuse if they did something similar but worse.

I do, however, agree that he should have been informed.
                        Oderint Dem Metuant

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bravotwozero Eyes on. Find out more about bravotwozero
                        Working...
                        X