Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buyers on Sellers Threads

Hey Guys,

Dont know if your like me but thought id write this.

I am sick to the back teeth of going onto a thread and either 1 of 2 things happening.

1) The buyer or someone who has interest in said item posts saying ITS MINE! or SOLD TO ME! now i dont know about you guys but id rather hear confirmation of sold from the seller when he has the cash rather than taking the buyers word for it.

2) When sellers cant manage to update threads saying the item has been sold or PM a mod to ask them to close it. I am sick of going to posts, sending someone a pm only to get back that it has been sold days ago but they couldnt manage to post or send a pm to a mod.

Apologies if you think this is out of order but to me its common courtosey on forums when selling things.

Leave feedback if you wish.

Cheers for your time

Aribos

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Re: Buyers on Sellers Threads

Your two points (sort of) cancel themselves out! If you can't rely on the seller to say it's sold, it's better if the buyer does.

Having said that, I do agree with the basic idea of your post. Buyers should put the effort into making things run smoothly and sellers shouldn't have to post saying they've got it. I'm also fed up with PMing sellers who say they've got an offer and will let you know, then them not having the courtesy to let you know it's gone.
    sigpic

Comment

i agree with rockin robin, yet theres another thing that seriously got on my nerves a couple of times, theres a seller on here that has ignored my questions and pms and sold somthing to another buyer days later !!!, i asked yesterday if a couple of mags were mids, no answer, a hour later some one asks about some sling and he answers within minuets...thats got on my nerves
      sigpic
      Originally posted by Parky
      Being offended by the deaths of over 6 million people's almost as bad as not using the sales template.

Comment

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
        Having said that, I do agree with the basic idea of your post. Buyers should put the effort into making things run smoothly and sellers shouldn't have to post saying they've got it.
        Other way round?

Comment

2) When sellers cant manage to update threads saying the item has been sold or PM a mod to ask them to close it. I am sick of going to posts, sending someone a pm only to get back that it has been sold days ago but they couldnt manage to post or send a pm to a mod.

That one really is annoying

Comment

Originally posted by The Keeper of Secrets View Post
            Other way round?
            Quite right mate.

[feels like a right twat!]
            sigpic

Comment

Actually this is a major irk for me...... It isnt' just about saying sold when any question is asked it should only be replied too on thread by the Seller. It dosn't matter if you used to own the gun, have the same model or read a reveiw about it. You do not know what the current state of the item is it could have been upgraded/ downgraded dropped submerged of used as a hammer, you could be providing incorrect information or even inadvertantly helping someone get scammed. I do often delete and warn people for anwering questions not directed at them. and yes a buyer has no right to tell people it is sold, (we will close a thread if someone does regardless ) or its mine, as they could be putting of pretential sales or buying time for them to aquire the item themself. or they could be wrong as the sale might not have been finished and the seller finds out that the person does not have the defence and declines sale.

Comment

Can I suggest that people just communicate a bit more, let's have some good comms.
                In selling a few bits and bobs here I had msgs from people who said that they would definitely buy the item, we then hammer out the details, come to payment then..... nothing (I wont sling mud at individuals, I don't think that would help anyone).
                Sometimes, it's a case of the person stopping communications or suddenly they don't have the funds and can you hang on for a few weeks.

1) Don't stop comms. If you've suddenly gone off the idea of buying, that's fine, drop a msg to the seller saying sorry but you're pulling out. I think you'll find most people are okay with this. Afterall, you don't walk into a shop, ask for Mars and run off whist the shop assistant gets it for you (well, you might )
                2) If you don't have the funds, please say so at the start. The seller can then make an informed decision whether he wishes to continue the sale then. That way if the seller isn't desperate to sell then he may not mind waiting around for a bit giving the buyer a bit of time to get funds together. Suddenly saying at the last minute that you don't have funds for 6 weeks would be a little irritating, and especially annoying to those that may be relying on a sale.

Talk more. It's all good

Comment

For some reason (not that i've ever agreed to doing anything like this!) but my sales attract guys on this forum who are not only not ukara'd but aren't even 18, and then send me pm saying why haven't i replied to his PM because i'd left my computer for dinner for 45 minutes. Its rare, but the other side of this arguement does happen from time to time and i would like some users to understand that some of us can only take more than 2 hours to reply. That said, yes it really does agrivate me that i PM people and 3 weeks later find out that he couldn't be bothered to address his own thread.
                  Current Armoury
                  TM M14 (OD) Red Dot Scope

ICS m16a3 - standard (as it should be!)

TM Spas 12

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

aribos Find out more about aribos
                  Working...
                  X