Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U18 Users

Just looked at a members profile and it says "Under 18 User"
    Fair Enough, however I know tonnes of other users who are under 18. Just looked up 6 of them, and none of them have been branded "Under18 User"

Is it just me or is this slightly unfair. I totally agree it should be done but if you are going fishing, you dont leave until you catch what you went for. If you understand.

Re: U18 Users

Rampage only gives people this custom user title when he knows that a person is Under 18. If you wanted to, you could pm him and these labels will be added.

Edit - it's hard to tell if a user is under 18. Sure, they could lie on sign-up saying they're in their 30's - but then later on admit it in a thread, for example.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

I personally find it useful to see the 'under 18 user' title added to that person's profile, as it is helpful, not only in gun sales (so not selling to them), but if they are asking for advice on skirmishing or something time related etc, as we know that they have school etc, so not only does it help uphold the law (in most cases) it also gives people a better idea of how they live their lives.

I know its a bit weird getting that from a 'brand' as you put it, but that's my interpretation of it.

Comment

It's all or nothing, I think. Either do every U18 user or none at all.

Comment

+1 to the above, its a bit unfair that some are marked and some not. If i was one, i would be hacked off.

Comment

if i am realy honest, the U18 thing is a bit pointless, These U18 members can join the army at 16 and get a real gun but cant buy a RIF until they are 18. Strange (ohh well i dont have to put up with Once Great Britain any more.)

Comment

Yeah but it's the old argument... that a guy on here reiterated to me after I had finished working on his G36C... You can be in the Army for X years and now be required a defence against the VCRA. It's silly theoretically, but the laws the law.

Furthermore, they don't "get" a real gun... Think about it - if you go to a site and you're a newbie, you get a rental gun. Well if you're in the Armed Forces, you don't get to keep your weapon (IW). So you use it for the time you need and then give it back.

I'm pretty sure that if you had "smuggled" AK's, Remington's Glocks etc (as seen in the film Outlaw) then you'd be committing a criminal offence.

I think it's fair.

Another example - you can drive a car on an MOD base regardless of insurance but not outside of it.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

As said, it's not a choice that we make to not 'brand' some users. We do as many as we can conclusively find are under 18.

People on this forum need to realise just how much moderating goes on behind the scenes, and that the team are, believe it or not, human. Not robots.

Comment

Yeah but no but yerr but...

The very fact that some are 'branded' implies that the rest are over 18. Members here should use due diligence and mods should not be wasting their time playing nanny.

Comment

If I'm honest, much as we lookout, it only tends to be the idiotic users who reveal themselves to be under 18 when we get reports of them trying to get hold of RIFs and so forth. They shoot themselves in the foot a bit there.

So as much as we try and get the 'tag' on every U18 user, it works out quite well that the ones who actually pose a danger to the sport crop up first.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
                      Yeah but it's the old argument... that a guy on here reiterated to me after I had finished working on his G36C... You can be in the Army for X years and now be required a defence against the VCRA. It's silly theoretically, but the laws the law.

Furthermore, they don't "get" a real gun... Think about it - if you go to a site and you're a newbie, you get a rental gun. Well if you're in the Armed Forces, you don't get to keep your weapon (IW). So you use it for the time you need and then give it back.

I'm pretty sure that if you had "smuggled" AK's, Remington's Glocks etc (as seen in the film Outlaw) then you'd be committing a criminal offence.
                      Not sure how this is relevant to 'tagging' joovs here.

Another example - you can drive a car on an MOD base regardless of insurance but not outside of it.
                      Not sure if that's strictly true/relevant. Anyhoo - the MoD doesn't have car insurance for any of its fleet (either used inside or outside the wire). It just divvies-up when a claim against it is successful. The insurance premiums for a fleet that size would bankrupt the nation in short order.

Comment

MOD acts as it's own insurer.

Sorry bit of topic

Comment

"posing a danger to the sport" sorry mate, but do you think that the cops are going to have a fit because a Under 18 user (99% of these users have most probebly had a RIF before) got hold of another Toy Gun. Nobody expects mods to be Super-Human but things like tagging U18's seems a bit Super-Stupid to me.

A) You dont have the resorces to check up on every user.
                          B) Some people are getting angry and feel like the mods have targeted them and no-body else.
                          C) How does it protect Airsoft?

Comment

Maybe the mods should label up those with appalling sales history instead....

Comment

Yeah considering they still allow Nick to trade I'm not sure what he's complaining about...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

nick Find out more about nick
                              Working...
                              X