Admin powers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admin powers

Hi, would just like to say i think it would help a lot if a thread creator had more editing powers for example i currently have a sales thread with 22 odd items. I certainly believe that if i had the powers to delete each item after it was sold it would be much easier too look at / clear up. If it wasnt to be deleted so that people could see the prices of the current market, i would still like to be able to clean my own thread up
    thanks
    Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Re: Admin powers

if you could edit your thread though, what is to stop you stating something is in perfect order, then upon selling it, edit it to state a problem. then when buyer complains of the fault you could just go "but it was in the sale thread!"

not saying everyone would but as we know there are some dodgey swines on here!
    TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

why cant people just accept this is how this forum works, this is the way to do it and stop asking to have more "power"

who cares about neatness in a sales thread, just post replys saying which items you have sold, its worked since the dark ages, leave it be!

Comment

The reason the power was took away was to make it harder for the scammers.

On other forums as said people will change their ads after the items have sold or even go as far as deleting them all together to hide the proof. By the mod team being in charge of locking etc it puts a big spanner in the works for scammers as the mods will change the main thread but not delete it.

If you do want sold items removing from the list or having sold put next to them etc pm a mod who deals with the sales section. On the main thread list scroll to the bottom on the right hand bottom side under the page numbers is a list of people who are moderators of that particular section.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

Can't we do the eBay idea? When you edit the sale post it comes up with a date stamp and some other numbers. That way they could see when and what had been changed.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
          A brain?
          Originally posted by snuff
          Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

Only thing I would change would be to add a function to end your sales thread, the amount of people that post in their threads saying "sold, mods please close" and whilst it gets the message to them it bumps it to the top and shunts someone who is still selling further down. That being said I am guilty like everyone else so i shall try and pm a mod to close
            sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

balaclava ben Lean, mean shooting machine Find out more about balaclava ben
            Working...
            X