Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the edit button for GOOD traders?

i don't know if this has been brung up in this way,
    a lot of people are complaining about not being able to edit they're sales threads.
    forum mods etc state its to stop scammers.

any way you can give an edit button to people with.
    100% feed back over an ammount of sales etc?
    say 10?

proveing they are a reliable dealer and such

if any one gets my drift.

Re: the edit button for GOOD traders?

this idea sounds good stops up wasting mods time to merge things
    you may be a king or a lowly street sweeper , sooner or later you all dance with the reaper

Originally posted by Barlow

alcohol + man up + lowered amibitions = lots of sex^2 = ex-who?

Comment

only thing i can think would be a problem.
      i'm not sure if it can be set to a select few as aposed to the entire forum

Comment

Id be up for this. After a while my threads tend to stagnate and become cluttered and its not at all obvious whats for sale still. So id like the power to edit my own for sale threads to keep it all clean and clear.

Only problem though is a lack of clear history for the sale thread. Last time this was brought up, mods put the point forward that you could screw people over after a sale quite easily by changing the thread later on.

I think the power to do this should be acquired well after 10. Say maybe 30 or even 40 positive feedbacks

Comment

yer,
          selling tooth picks.
          and then aegs is a differnt matter.

Comment

I'm Game. Rampage I think you should consider this?

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Thing is though, even if your a high rated seller, like a fair few of us are.

If you sell a £4/5/600 gun on here and it's all going pete tong, regardless of how good of a seller you are and how honest you are. Your never going to kiss that money or the gun goodbye if you know you could edit your sales thread to win the case.

I see the logic, but it just opens up the possibility to be scammed and I aint to keen on this happening as I know that the threads are locked at the moment so it's just the seller/buyers mistakes if they don't respond, ship etc.

You see how quickly people go APE SH*T once this doesn't work for them and there out of pocket, you see, it'll soon be a mods fault for doing something "so stupid" like letting people change there listings.

Comment

I'm up for this, though 20+ 100% sounds better rather than 10+ 100%

Comment

I'm pretty sure the only way to do this would be to create an entirely new user group per thread. So as far as 'saving time for the moderators' goes....

Comment

Surely the system is better off how it is as in order for an edit to be made to a particular post, at least one other person has to know about it. adds another layer of security to the trading system on here as it means that a seller is unable to make changes without anyone else being aware of it.

granted, it means that the mods still have the work to do, but it makes the trading process a bit harder to scam with.

Comment

Originally posted by The Keeper of Secrets View Post
                      I'm pretty sure the only way to do this would be to create an entirely new user group per thread. So as far as 'saving time for the moderators' goes....
                      Or being the web designer that he is and being more technically in the know than most of us, Rampage could code up a simple XML program to import into the database, and create a forum promotion (which are automatic) to a new usergroup which has got the settings to edit etc in their own threads...

That would be the only automatic way to do it, but would need some serious brain-racking.

It's probably easier said than done...

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Why not have an update button instead of an edit? That way the origional thread will still be seen along with the latest update ie the origional thread states 5 hicaps, 3 midcaps & 10 lowcaps.
                        UPDATE
                        5 hicaps
                        3 midcaps
                        7 lowcaps as 3 have just been sold.

Just my pennies worth

Comment

The problem with all these ideas is they are pretty specific... Unless somebody has coded the solution, I very much doubt the owners of this forum will go to the lengths needed to develop their own.

Comment

he way that mods can get back a deleted thread, if sellers could edit a thread, but on pushing a button/following an automatic link, users could be linked to the original?
                            KSC MP7A1 (Tw)
                            mix'n'match M4
                            Maruzen P99

Comment

Personally I think this is a no go. As someone said above, even a honest and trusted seller would be tempted to change the thread to beat a case if they were under the threat of having to refund a 700 quid rifle.

Or whats to stop someone selling 10 cheap things like say a magazine to 10 different sellers to get the required feedback, and then scam someone of a 500 quid rifle once they have the required feedback?

Or even, what if someone made multiple accounts and then gave himself good feedback ? Once again gives him the possibility of scamming.

It is a good idea, but theres just too many scammers nowadays, and too many ways to get round it.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Tyler For equestria! <3 Find out more about Tyler
                              Working...
                              X