Moderators should be more strict

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderators should be more strict

Not having a huge rant here, but i think it would be beneficial if the moderators were more strict. Now i don't mean that as i want you to ban everyone who doesn't use the sales template fully or whatever. I mean with deleting pointless threads, and pointless polls.

Like the ordering from overseas threads. There must be at least 10 of those open every week. (abit of an exaggeration there but you get my drift) All of them asking pretty much the same thing.

Is there a point in letting the thread run?

I mean seriously how hard can it be to use the search function.

It's getting totally pathetic. Forum is getting far worse day by day.

I purpose all the moderators stop being lenient and start enforcing forum rules and common sense more strictly.

Also while we are at it why not delete a post if proper English isn't used. It's not hard to write a sentence with good punctuation and spelling. Having dyslexia doesn't stop you from using a spell checker.

And back to my first point i actually believe it's a good idea if you ban the people who don't use the sales template right away. If you can't be bothered to read the rules, then why do people moan when moderators delete it and P.M the user to remind them. If they read the rules in the first place it wouldn't have happened.

It's getting really hard to have an adult conversation on here. With people generally just being plain stupid. If someone makes a thread purposely go off topic just ban them for a day. See if they come back and do it again quickly.

Now i know lot's of people aren't going to agree with me, on many of these points/issues. And i don't/didn't mean to offend anyone with my words.

Re: Moderators should be more strict

I do agree, sometimes the off topic bit we are all guilty of, it's the way conversation goes sometimes, what bugs me at the moment is definitely the polls, so dam many of them asking essentially the same thing, and why oh why is there a poll thread in the general Airsoft discussion about which 'which metal gear solid is teh bestest?' that has nada to do with Airsoft so is in the wrong section, it's another useless none helpful poll and it's just a pointless thread! But alas it hasn't been moved or deleted yet, which at the moment seems to be a common trend!
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I do agree though, the threads are getting silly now, I think there's two or three polls asking if "there's to many polls". It's starting to be silly now and i'm not even bothered about contributing sometimes because it's just stupid.

There's the odd thread with advice still, but the mods need to tidy this sh*t hole up and stop the silly pointless threads, as you guys have stated above.

Comment

Thank god you're not a moderator.

Comment

Originally posted by hunter101 View Post
          I purpose all the moderators stop being lenient and start enforcing forum rules and common sense more strictly.

Also while we are at it why not delete a post if proper English isn't used. It's not hard to write a sentence with good punctuation and spelling. Having dyslexia doesn't stop you from using a spell checker.
          Hmm?

By your own logic, this post should therefore be deleted! That then, would negate the existence of this entire thread. As you "Purpose" mods should be more strict, when you should in fact "Propose" this matter. Pedantic, perhaps, but internet forums are not an arena where basic English lessons should be espoused.

In the main,Hunter101, I find the majority of your posts to be articulate and well thought out. However, I find myself struggling to agree with you on this one.

Perhaps we should all just get along!
          There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

the fact ive been given so many infractions for merely forgetting things sometimes stands testament to how strict they are in my opinion, i agree with what your saying (partially) BUT i think it would make the forum a pretty crap place to be if you where getting bans every week for forgetting certain things not every forum is the same and people do situate themselves and abode a good few so its easy to get confused

reading on from the op i do agree that some of the "silly" posts should be removed for example the "who loves pols, pol" (i made that up before you search for it :D) should be removed BUT as long as a clear and understanding message is sent to the op to explain why

Comment

You have me there BAMF. I guess I shouldn't stay up so late and have brainwaves.

However my main points do stand still. And Ben I wouldn't really like to be a moderator anyway. The chance on conflict with me is very high. I'm very strongly opinionated.

But what does your reply add to this thread?

All I see it as is garbage talk. So it looks like you've just made one of my points stand out more.

Comment

You have me there BAMF. I guess I shouldn't stay up so late and have brainwaves.

However my main points do stand still. And Ben I wouldn't really like to be a moderator anyway. The chance on conflict with me is very high. I'm very strongly opinionated.

All I see it as is garbage talk. So it looks like you've just made one of my points stand out more.
                i think your speaking too hasty there hunter i mean whats the main point of a forum? its to say stuff like that be funny have some laughs with people who are like minded i think if those kind of threads where removed it would be a pretty damn boring place to be i mean you might as well pick up a book. but i agree the stupid threads can go they've had there laughs now and its just clutter

Comment

My point was that perhaps opinionated people should not be moderators, or in charge of moderation decisions. Perhaps it should be left to people without such strong opinions who are willing to let things slide here and there in the interest of just getting on with things. Rather than deleting here and warning there and infractioning this and banning that, just for the sake of a list of rules and an ideal world.

Comment

I do find it incredible how many references to HK and other retailers are mentioned ..

There needs to be sections devoted to

Problems
                    Importing
                    And the usual question x v x type
                    sigpic

Comment

Yes at the moment it may seem that way. But we do have a general discussion section. Which could be used alot more to have some friendly banter.

It just seems that every few threads you look it has some sort of spam or negative remarks.

I'm a culprit myself for a few of them. Mainly where common sense has been lost somewhere.

When I look through general discussion or new players and see "help my guns broke" threads it just makes my blood boil.

Comment

When I look through general discussion or new players and see "help my guns broke" threads it just makes my blood boil.
                        Right there! There is a tech sub forum 6 sections below general discussion. Its not hard to find.
                        Originally posted by fijitstiks
                        they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
                        Originally posted by N3ADS
                        Is this you talking from experience ?..
                        i was at cadets for 3 years

Comment

think about the young guy who's guns just broke hes stressing out he thinks right lets go to a forum i may be able to find some answers he signs up clicks past the rules and sticks it in the first section he finds, yeah its annoying but you cant really blame em in my opinion but i do understand what you mean if it happens loads of times its just stupid maybe the rule layout can be changed i mean it is a massive wedge of writing that is quite daunting, i bet if it was structured in key points people would read it more

Comment

Balbosa, I suggest you check the very first thread that I created. And this was the first forum I ever used.
                            they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
                            Originally posted by N3ADS
                            Is this you talking from experience ?..
                            i was at cadets for 3 years

Comment

I'm not asking moderators to be super ban heavy Ben. All I'm really asking is that there is more emphasis on the rules. And to be less lenient when there is no need to be.

Obviously it doesn't need to be run like north Korea. How terrible that would be for us. But what I mean is threads that pop up all the time. Asking the same old question. Why not just delete those. If the person can't be bothered to search first then it's just darn lazy.

A little bit of common sense is needed. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to see that for example, you have to use a template for sales threads. Or that technical help goes in the technical help discussion section.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

HuntR Just another average gun whore Find out more about HuntR
                              Working...
                              X