• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reporting and you

hello all,

heres a quick question .

please no arguments

what do you DEFINE as naming another shop - (against the rules...)

now i see some threads which the users have just said the retailers name.

some people will give a hint and others will re arrange the name around.

my question is at what point do we class it as against rules?
    sigpic

Hmmm I'd like to know this
    I AM A NOOB ON A MISSION!!!

Comment

Re: reporting and you

i mean i got an infraction and fair enough i mixed the words around, but surely by mixing around the words you know your doing something wrong and therefore an infraction could be made on that ? its fairly obvious to be honest
      sigpic

Comment

I think it's mainly the case that some people are too obvious with their clues.

For example, if I say flying vehicle, you associate the word "plane" or "aircraft".

If I say Hong Kong hill, lots will be clueless. But the one's who are clever would get it. I think it's just the extent of the clue.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

The rules are clear really, don't name the competition. Not something I agree with personally, I'd like to think Z1 would make an attempted to beat their competitors then deny their existence.

I'm surprised how much people get away with. Saying a "Scottish Retailer" for example isn't naming the competition, and only gives it away to people who know they place anyway. When you just reverse the name of the shop - that is taking the mick ever so slightly.

Comment

i do agree , jag for sure,

but then again its still advertising another website . either way you look at it

some one could turn around and type that into google Scottish airsoft and bam done.
            sigpic

Comment

surely then gaffa your advertising to those who are "in the know " and therefore promoting a hong kong sites to others?

i understand what you mean though im just putting forward and argument
              sigpic

Comment

Someone can type TM M4 into google and be presented with hundreds of competitive retailers; I can't see your point?

Thing is, common sense must be taken into account. Scottish retailer would flag up more as a retailer mention as opposed to HK hill (try googling that and you won't get the result I'm on about, although the same can't be said for the other).

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

I have to say the blatent naming of retailers and even the hints annoy me. I assume it's zerrone who pays for this server so why should they fork out to advertise other retailers?

If you really must take it to PM. I think it's a pretty clear cut rule that's not hard to follow
                  Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                  I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Comment

true true - but that wouldnt be an informed search..

ill try and give an example -

if you wanted a car but didnt know where to get and some one said a honda shop you could look up a honda shop

however if no one said honda but the user found out themselves through google.

you would be promoting honda ? not a good example

+1 #roxy
                    sigpic

Comment

Yep. It's a hard on. One sorry.

Oops this isn't the steamy thread!?

Comment

lol jokes gaffa xD
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roxy View Post
                          I assume it's zerrone who pays for this server...
                          I'm quite sure they found it in a skip actually. You'd be really annoyed if you were paying for something this unstable wouldn't you? ')

Comment

its like zero one bought a systema only to find its a cyma ex two tone '?
                            sigpic

Comment

Yeah tbh if Zeroone paid for this server they were robbed blind.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Crysis Hello! My names James, Business owner to E-Flux LTD. Find out more about Crysis
                              Working...
                              X