Personal Progress [IDEA]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal Progress [IDEA]

This just kind of popped into my head now. We see many threads of people weapons, gears and what they've just purchased. Now my idea is, to have a 'Personal Progress' section or thread on whoever wants to make one.

What this will basically do is cover everything in one whole thread i.e I've just bought a new AEG so it'll go in my PP thread that I've made or I've just bought a few more pieces of gear and tested them on the field, that goes into your PP thread.

Even just general talk possibly. You might of just come back from your skirmish site and want to tell people how the day went etc

Just an idea really and I wanna see what you folks think. It could very well work in my opinion. Each person will have there OWN thread.
    Yes! I like the sound of it.
    53.13%
    No! It does not interest me.
    46.88%

Re: Personal Progress [IDEA]

I`m not sure really, it would take up a helluva lot of bandwith just for stating what`s already in various threads already. Might work if there was a general blog section where players could provide a link to their own offsite pages.

Comment

^ as stated, it's pretty much a blog sounds like a good idea to have something along those lines for the forum though

Comment

Surely an update of our pages would allow simple posting of status ?

Great idea btw
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf View Post
          Surely an update of our pages would allow simple posting of status ?

Great idea btw
          I reckon you could do it that way, it'd be a helluva long post though

Comment

If this server could stand up to that, I will cut out my left testical with a spoon.

I like the idea but it just wouldn't work.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
            A brain?
            Originally posted by snuff
            Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

Originally posted by Montesa77 View Post
              If this server could stand up to that, I will cut out my left testical with a spoon.

I like the idea but it just wouldn't work.
              agreed. its having trouble at peak times as it is
              TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Could be cool if it were put on people's public profiles.
                If you open your mind too much, your brain will fall out.

Comment

Why not just set up a blog?

Comment

The PP thread is just a suggestion for those who want to create one and participate. I thought rather than having several threads being started by an individual, they could have there own dedicated thread that they'll post in from time to time.

I'm probably making it sound more complicated than it actually is but I've seen this done on gaming forums and its worked a treat.

The PP section will only cover (like stated on original post) an AEG you might of just bought and you want to show it off or a new piece of tactical gear so all your items are on one thread if you will.

So basically my first post of my PP thread will show you all the stuff I currently have for airsoft and over time I'll be updating. Day 1 on creating thread, post will contain a new AEG and at some point in the week I could buy a scope for it, which will then go into the thread and show you etc.

Comment

Originally posted by slick63 View Post
                      I`m not sure really, it would take up a helluva lot of bandwith just for stating what`s already in various threads already. Might work if there was a general blog section where players could provide a link to their own offsite pages.
                      wow super ninja'd :D yeah what he said

Comment

I don't like the idea to be honest

Comment

this cann be done in pictures of your guns thread, make it your own kind of thing,just name it progress or whatever
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JOE90 View Post
                            this cann be done in pictures of your guns thread, make it your own kind of thing,just name it progress or whatever
                            That's pretty much it. However some seem to prefer creating new threads. My method would of kept all your stuff in one thread rather than creating several.

Comment

There's a plugin that you can install: vBulletin Blog or something.

But why?...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Vulcan Raven Airsoft'in since 9th Jan 2011 Find out more about Vulcan Raven
                              Working...
                              X