Collapse

Would YOU help pay for better hosting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would YOU help pay for better hosting?

Hello all ,

Pretty simple - I've seen Tons of posts about the hosting and speeds- about how bad they are at peak times - yet no one seems to have tackled it head on -

Would you help pay for better hosting ?
    I doubt it wouldn't be hundreds but maybe there should be premium users.

With bigger imboxes, no waiting 45 seconds between pms and searches .

Would encourage you all I bet!

What you all think ( will poll it later )
    sigpic

Re: Would YOU help pay for better hosting?

as long as not extortionate id pay a yearly fee, for some of the above ideas and more
    sigpic

Comment

I was thinking the other day I'd be willing to pay maybe £10 a year "Gold" membership fee.

In return the "Gold Members" are able to access a special "UKARA verfied only" section of the forum - where you can avoid the plague of people trying to buy illegally. Maybe throw in something else too - free patch? I like the idea of removing the search restriction too actually :D

The fee covers the cost of the checking each 12 months, and pays for a better server. £10 each with 5,000 active users. Even if one in twenty take up the deal, that's £2500 in the kitty for Zero Ones trouble!

Comment

definately jag, love the idea and would definately pay for a gold/upgrade membership with more accessability

And just to let you all know, Guard-snipers just been banned, unsure why?
        sigpic

Comment

He is always banned, lol.

Anyway that is for another (which would be removed anyway!) thead

Comment

I guess lol, so you think its a temp ban?

But back on topic, how could we go about putting this idea forward to admin? As not alot in forum feedback gets put into play
            sigpic

Comment

In effect, no way. Sorry to be blunt but there is no way membership of this forum is worth a £10 a year subscription... the hosting is poor and it's not run particularly well. Arnies is FAR bigger than this place, FAR better run, and totally free. Zeroin's restrictive rules about other retailers already makes it enough of a money spinner for Zeroone, don't lets give them another idea of how to wrangle cash out of us.

Comment

Send a message to Zero One and say you can make more monies. Send them the idea, I would do £10 for a gold memebership!

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
                A brain?
                Originally posted by snuff
                Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

Originally posted by parky View Post
                  In effect, no way. Sorry to be blunt but there is no way membership of this forum is worth a £10 a year subscription... the hosting is poor and it's not run particularly well.
                  Mate please read the whole thread, this is what we mean, pay for priveliges, and a better host.
                  sigpic

Comment

I did read the whole thread, it's a nice idea sure, but unfortunately the same person in charge now would still be in charge then, the restrictive ban of mention on other airsoft stores would still be in place- even more ridiculous when you consider it would be us footing the bill then and not zeroone- and I'm not even convinced zeroone would even put the money towards improving this site. A new host doesn't actually cost all that much, so everyone else's subscriptions would just be a license for zero one to print money.

Also I wouldn't be part of a forum where you have to pay to get treated like an adult. They SHOULD be doing this already.

Comment

Originally posted by parky View Post
                      I did read the whole thread, it's a nice idea sure, but unfortunately the same person in charge now would still be in charge then, the restrictive ban on mention on other airsoft stores would still be in place- even more ridiculous when you consider it would be us footing the bill then and not zeroone- and I'm not even convinced zeroone would even put the money towards improving this site. A new host doesn't actually cost all that much, so everyone else's subscriptions would just be a license for zero one to print money.

Also I wouldn't be part of a forum where you have to pay to get treated like an adult. They SHOULD be doing this already.
                      Amen to that.

Comment

fair enough, maybe the restriction would be lowered if we the users were paying, to gold members, other retailers visible, to non paying, they were starred out like in pms
                        sigpic

Comment

What good will that do though? If I'm gonna rip someone off £300 for a bogus AEG, paying £10 for a year's membership isn't going to stop me. The only thing it would feasibly help is stop under 18 users buying guns.

Comment

I might pay for some kind of 'elevated priviledges' but not a chance for better hosting. Not in a million years. ZeroIn may distance themselves from this forum but in terms of SEO, it's a SERPs goldmine for them. The fact that they scrimp and scrape on amateur hosting is just business suicide. I know free hosting that runs faster than this...

Comment

This forum is part of the shop remember..us buying stuff from them in returning is hosting this..

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Crysis Hello! My names James, Business owner to E-Flux LTD. Find out more about Crysis
                              Working...
                              X