Searching sales threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching sales threads

Can there be an option to exclude closed threads from searches?
    This would make it easier to search for items in classifieds by excluding the ones that have already been sold. Therefore making life easier and the process alot quicker by you not having to look though something you want to then see that it has been sold. Then having to return to the search
    just a thought

Or is there is a way of doing this please inlighten me
    TAE

Re: Searching sales threads

+1 to that idea!
    "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered
    automatic weapons."

Comment

When you search, the icon on the right of the thread is a padlock if already closed

Comment

Ahhh but you dont get that on tapatalk so i would also be behind that idea.

Comment

It wouldn't help on Tapatalk even if the option was there, it would need to be built into the Tapatalk app.

As for having the option in the advanced search feature for normal use, if you can find a plugin for it let me know and I will happily get it installed for you.

Comment

I wouldn't want it because now we can open and close are own sales threads people do close them so they get all offers via PM. So you could use that function and then you miss out.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
            A brain?
            Originally posted by snuff
            Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

Just a suggestion but certain other forums I am on, with classifieds, they allow the original poster (or mods) to be able to edit the title of the thread.
              Hence when something gets sold they just edit the title to "SOLD" or "mp5... NOW SOLD" etc

So people dont waste time opening threads and having to scroll down to the bottom reply, then send pms asking etc

Comment

There is a better option than that, rather than show as "Closed" a thread can be shown as "Sold" with the auto prefix. I just haven't got round to searching for the add-on.

Comment

Originally posted by Pepperisit View Post
                  Just a suggestion but certain other forums I am on, with classifieds, they allow the original poster (or mods) to be able to edit the title of the thread.
                  Hence when something gets sold they just edit the title to "SOLD" or "mp5... NOW SOLD" etc

So people dont waste time opening threads and having to scroll down to the bottom reply, then send pms asking etc
                  that is a good idea, takes some strain off the mods, although we CAN close our own threads, there was never an official announcement so people dont know about it
                  hasta la vista, baby

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tubzza Find out more about tubzza
                  Working...
                  X