Multiple forsale threads for each individual items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple forsale threads for each individual items

Am i the only person who gets annoyed with people starting new thread for each individual item they have forsale separately?

Surely its easier to write "Forsale, scope, mags, silencer" etc????

Or am i being Anal????

Originally posted by Metalbody
    pulling one off certainly feels good

Nope it annoys me too. I also got annoyed when people list items in what is blatantly the wrong section, like pistols in the AEG/RIFLE section and it REALLY winds me up when people bump their thread every three hours. The rules aren't hard to follow !!
    It will take less bullets to kill him now than if we wait for him to turn into a zombie.

The elderly. They seem nice enough, but can they really be trusted ?

Comment

I do tend to list my sales in bulk, but if im totally honest if its a larger item (cash wise) i always put it alone as it will catch the eye more to prospective buyers. Simple and efficient sales technique.

However you are right about some, its not just confind to sales either, its blatently obvious the people who attach there social standing to their post count, tragic lol
      Originally posted by Bluegill
      5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

Re: Multiple forsale threads for each individual items

I disagree.

I've always sold my stuff on bulk threads in the past, but in the future I'm thinking of separate threads. Reasons:
        • I can clearly see how many people have 'viewed' the thread about a specific item, which will give me a better idea about whether it's time to lower the price
        • I can close the thread on a specific item when it's sold, with out the constant adding of stuff like: "numbers 1, 3 and 6 sold. 2, 4 and 5 still here at 10% off!" etc.
        • I can add pictures for each item in it's own thread without having to upload 20 shots all onto one thread for the various items, which can then take a long time for people who want to see everything to download
        • I can put all the items in the correct sections
        102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

Ive done it both ways and find depending on what it is single is better as the thread does not get lost for months as for standing thats rubbish

Comment

If items are in the wrong section, or are being bumped early, then hit the report button and we'll sort it out.

As a general rule, less than 3 threads in any one section and we leave them alone, but 3 or more threads in the same for sale section and we start to look if merged threads would be more appropriate. Take the mick and we'll just return them to the OP and ask them to re-post in a single thread.

Robin
            sigpic

Comment

I had three items merged by a mod - didn't even let me know. Thread became a complete mess and no wonder I had difficulty selling the stuff...

Comment

I find with bulk sales after a few days whatever's left will not get sold.

I don't get why people get so upset over a list if threads. Fair enough the early bumping and rule breaking, but seeing someones name as the thread starter twice on one page....

Really?

Comment

All I do is to close the old thread when a few bits have sold, then move the remaining bits to a new thread. I find it's better to put new threads up every so often rather than bumping for months anyway.

Obviously, though, don't use a new thread as a way of getting round the 3 day bump rule.

As far as multiple threads are concerned, that's what we're told to enforce, so that's what we do!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
                    All I do is to close the old thread when a few bits have sold, then move the remaining bits to a new thread. I find it's better to put new threads up every so often rather than bumping for months anyway.

Obviously, though, don't use a new thread as a way of getting round the 3 day bump rule.

As far as multiple threads are concerned, that's what we're told to enforce, so that's what we do!
                    Yeah that's what I've done once or twice.

Sorry wasn't having a go at you or the mods, I just don understand why it upsets some so much when it's not rule breaking per say

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                      I had three items merged by a mod - didn't even let me know. Thread became a complete mess and no wonder I had difficulty selling the stuff...
                      Surely though, if you had understood this rule:

Originally posted by Forum Rules, Classifieds Rules
                      Any more than 3 classified listings in the same sub forum may see your threads merged into 1 thread.
                      then not only would you not need to complain about the moderator merging your threads, but your sale thread wouldn't have been disrupted and been made a "mess" of.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

private parts Find out more about private parts
                      Working...
                      X