Not receiving feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not receiving feedback

I know this doesnt really matter to much at the end of the day , but it is getting a little bit annoyed with people not leaving feedback after a transaction is complete. I have brought 6 or 7 things from users on here and have only been given feedback twice.
    One of the main reasons i use this forum is for the trade section, to get things that are not available on websites or they charge to much for.
    A very important parts of private buying/selling like this is the feedback system, what is the point in having it if people dont use it. Maybe there could be a more integrated way of giving feedback after the sale is complete? like fleabay.
    Or somehow if its possible, once a transaction is finished the buyer or seller can send a feedback trade request to the other user ,that will pop up in a little box like when you get a new PM. They much each fill in the feedback and submit it before either will get their rating, so all is fair.
    sigpic

Re: Not receiving feedback

i think a more solid thing needs to be done, i feel the same, if an annoying pop up comes up all the time then youd have to give in, although its not hard some people just dont do it
    sigpic

Comment

Why should someone have to leave feedback?

I leave feedback because I want to, not because someone demanded it from me. Also these people who didn't leave you feedback, did you pm them asking if they would do it for you?

If something popped up everytime I logged on demanding feedback I'd leave a bland generic (read worthless) feedback just out of spite. I can see where something like that would be of use on a site where its primary function is trade, but this isn't, this is a forum.

Comment

I have the same problem. Sold about 6 or 7 things and I have to PM them more than once before a reply. They are online but they just don't leave any which is annoying.

Thinking about doing a Terms & conditions thing for each sale... See if that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumah View Post
          ...what is the point in having it if people dont use it.
          Because it's optional. A 'feature'.

Originally posted by psirus101 View Post
          Why should someone have to leave feedback?

I leave feedback because I want to, not because someone demanded it from me
          ^This.

If something popped up everytime I logged on demanding feedback I'd leave a bland generic (read worthless) feedback just out of spite. I can see where something like that would be of use on a site where its primary function is trade, but this isn't, this is a forum.
          ...and that.

I often forget because I buy/sell so much stuff. If I have forgotten anyone, just let me know.

Comment

i'm currently on iTrader's top sellers, due to the feedback i've received....

i'd like to hope that people leave feedback because they are happy with the transaction and therefore WANT to leave me some

when i leave feedback for others, i usually PM too and sometimes ask them to return the favour

works for me
            h e y d r i c h
            L T F S

tm ngrs scar l | tm ngrs ak102 | g&g arp556 | g&g arp9 | tm spas12 | we xdm | well mp7

Comment

Not even Fleabays feedback system is compulsory, so why should it be for a forum.
              Ive had $hitloads not leave feedback for me, its no biggie for me personaly.

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
                Not even Fleabays feedback system is compulsory, so why should it be for a forum.
                Ive had $hitloads not leave feedback for me, its no biggie for me personaly.
                But when you already have 57 positive feedbacks another one does not affect it much. When it is your first or second, it is annoying. I'm not saying it should be compulsory i'm just saying it's annoying.

Comment

What I do is any item I sell I wait for feedback to come to me, that way I know they have it and are happy author, then I leave some back.

If I don't hear anything, I just leave it!

Comment

No offence intended but i bet some of the time its Bens attitude to feedback that means its not recieved.

What if the other person is waiting for the same feedback you are waiting for??

Not directed at anyone in particular.

Comment

Originally posted by RPK for president. View Post
                      But when you already have 57 positive feedbacks another one does not affect it much. When it is your first or second, it is annoying.
                      I only have a low feedback too and I'm not fussed, I think the itrader system is only useful for warning against bad traders and for people who trade a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumah View Post
                        I have brought 6 or 7 things from users on here and have only been given feedback twice.
                        You've only left 5 yourself

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
                          You've only left 5 yourself
                          I leave feedback for most and I forget like everyone else. If the PM I would then obviously do it. I get annoyed when ask people and they don't respond or leave feedback...

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
                            No offence intended but i bet some of the time its Bens attitude to feedback that means its not recieved.

What if the other person is waiting for the same feedback you are waiting for??

Not directed at anyone in particular.
                            None taken! :P

The problem is sometimes I sell a lot of things, and I dont really have the patience (Or the inbox capacity, hint hint ) to spend a lot of time checking to see if everyones happy.

If theyre happy, and feedback is important to them, they leave it, and i leave some back in return.

If theres a problem, they let me know, and we sort it out.

If theyre happy, but dont leave feedback, its obviously not a problem/concern for them.

If theyre waiting for some, but dont want to leave it until I have, and its important to them, then they can get in touch to let me know thats how they roll

Lets not forget the main reason for the classifieds section is to sell and buy stuff, not to talk about how good it was :P

Comment

At the end of the day, its a choice made by the buyer and seller respectively. If you don't get feedback, either pm the seller (again) asking for it, or just get on... As stated it's not compulsory.

My opinion is this:- as a buyer, once you've paid there's nothing more you can do in terms of the sale. Therefore, at the earliest opportunity, the seller should leave feedback.

You should then only give feedback in return upon receipt of the item. That's how I normally work anyway!

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Dumah Find out more about Dumah
                              Working...
                              X