X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private Messaging - A Rant

Hi guys, just a very quick one.

I'd really, really appreciate it if, when I have taken the (little) time to type up and send a message to you, you could reply...

I've pm'd 3 different users on this forum within the space of 24 hours. After messaging, the users have been online (and checked their messages) but not bothered to respond.

"Don't like it don't buy it" - I agree - but not when there's a good deal to be had, and someone else gets it just because your message is ignored.

Examples include "Route16", "sills" and "Jonty9103".

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Re: Private Messaging - A Rant

Ah good, thought this might be at me for a second, but its not

I know the feeling, I have had this countless times in the past, it is hugely frustrating, especially if all you want to know is if they are still interested or not.

Comment

Or... "I'll buy it, let me know your details" - does the seller really want to loose out on a deal?

Think the 2 remaining people who's items are still up for grabs, I'll retract my interest.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Gaffa- I PM'ed you yesterday and never got a reply...
        Al -
        United Kingdom Airsoft Players Union

Comment

Imagine if you could just post "I will buy this" on the actual sales thread for all to see your intent ......... that would just be magic!
          Signature Removed

Comment

Yep that's a big plus for allowing comments on sales threads....
            Recently I messaged a couple of guys who's threads were a week or so old but were still open and as far as I knew the items were still available.
            Neither of them could even be bothered to write me a reply 'sorry it's sold', really gets on my nerves!! If I've taken the time to enquire about your item at least have the decency to send me a reply!
            G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

Really glad i saw this thread as wanted to rant about this. I have had a few people message me about wanting to swap or buy and to save stuff then when i message back dont hear anything from them, the least you can do is say that you are no longer interested instead of ignoring this is one of the things that really annoys me.
              rant over
              If drinking beer with my otter is wrong, then I dont want to be right.

IM F.U.B.A.R BUT D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F

Comment

I only ever hold things until a specific date, not very far in the future! And unless they are a well trusted and experience buyer/seller, if someone wants it there and then for above asking price, its theirs!

Comment

R4V3R310, you didn't reply to me about the M203/HK416 deal you asked about sooooo...........

One thing to understand is, if someone is selling multiple things, you get loads of PMs and it really is hard to keep track of who you've replied to, maybe I should set up the sent box thing so there's a record at least!?
                  Signature Removed

Comment

Originally posted by big_al View Post
                    Gaffa- I PM'ed you yesterday and never got a reply...
                    I see this, and raise you:-

Happy to help the mods on this if you require. Just let me know
                    We were already looking into it, and as the decision was made, that was the end of it. So in essence, we/ I didn't need to "let you know" - but apologies for not replying (with what?) anyway. Had 2 other pm's as well that were on the same subject, but I couldn't speak on the matter, and was dealt higher up.

Comment

Made a thread about this ages ago.
                      And yet people still cant be polite enough to reply!!!

Three times yesterday people offered up trades for someting of mine, yet after a lengthy description and even an 15min bump to add photos for them, nothing!!
                      Dont bloody bother me if they want my item or not just let me know!!
                      Be it good news or bad for people recieving my PMs they are always returned.

Comment

Which reminds me, you'll be getting a pm "from me" Tisane.

Comment

^^^ While you mention the subject, any ideas on when the PSC thread will be open again?
                          Last edited by NitroJoe; 25 March, 2011, 19:09. Reason: Adding extra ^ . :D
                          Signature Removed

Comment

PMC? Good Q, but I'll have a nosey and see what's what.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
                              Which reminds me, you'll be getting a pm "from me" Tisane.
                              Cheers mate

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Gaffa Nicknamed "Gaffa" because I can be bossy, but get the job done! I'm built for comfort, not speed... Find out more about Gaffa
                              Working...
                              X