This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No editing in sales thread?

Why is there no editing without going through a mod?
    If it is the reason I am thinking off, I have a few ideas I would like to put out...

Re: No editing in sales thread?

It's for clarity in case of disputes I would think. It's annoying but there you go. I personally think it should be 15 mins for edits and up to an hour for Title changes.

Comment

Because they like to be different?

Comment

I don't even understand the question!

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
          I don't even understand the question!
          He said: Why is there no editing without going through a mod?
          And the title is 'No editing in sales thread'
          Why is there no editing in sales threads without going through a mod
          How don't you get it?

Comment

Because he is from Liverpoool.

Comment

Now, now!

I thought the answer had already been covered though:- to prevent sellers committing fraud.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Okay, that is what I thought... but have you thought about being able to edit freely:

No excuses for bumping at all.
                People make mistakes and don't realise it for a while i.e. After 10 minutes.

However obviously fraud is more important so why not do something where you set a price and you can't edit the price/model etc... But you can edit the main writing where you describe it etc?

Just a thought, sure someone has had this idea or am I missing something important out?

Comment

Originally posted by RPK for president. View Post
                  However obviously fraud is more important so why not do something where you set a price and you can't edit the price/model etc... But you can edit the main writing where you describe it etc?
                  How would that help? The reason you can't edit a post more than 10 or 15 mins(can't remediable which) after you make it is to stop people going back a week later after they sold a gun and saying "this that and the other is broken" when originally it was sold as fully working.

I don't really see how it could be any easier to understand.

Comment

It would prevent bumping before the 3 day limit... Reduce work for mods...

Comment

Originally posted by RPK for president. View Post
                      It would prevent bumping before the 3 day limit... Reduce work for mods...
                      no it wouldn't as they could still bump the post rather than editing...
                      TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Yes but for people who want to edit instead of bumping. It takes a while to be edited sometimes so people resort to bumping it before the 3 day rule. Obviously there will be people who still bump it but you can't do anything about that.

Comment

i dont think it should be open forever to edit but a bit longer would be nice so many times have i put something up for sale and missed out info and then when writing in corrections i look like a premature bumper

Comment

Originally posted by BALBOSA View Post
                            i dont think it should be open forever to edit but a bit longer would be nice so many times have i put something up for sale and missed out info and then when writing in corrections i look like a premature bumper
                            +1.

Comment

Originally posted by BALBOSA View Post
                              yeah but that's understandable and a little

"sorry mods please merge" sorts it usually
                              TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

RPK for president. Love to airsoft whenever possible ,but Saturday school is a bitch! Find out more about RPK for president.
                              Working...
                              X