Is this possible? And your opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this possible? And your opinions?

So here's my idea... when you go on a sales thread, apart from seeing what is for sale, the next thing you look at is the price.

When someone has bumped their thread a couple of times, they tend to drop the price. In some cases, the original price, may have even halved. Yet if you are browsing through sales threads, you don't tend to scroll down the thread to see if there are any price updates. Therefore you lose interest straight away because of the original price.

So here is my idea.. if it is possible. Being able to just edit the price, but for the first price you state, to just have a line through it... to show you have altered the price.

Therefore people don't have to go on a hunt through the thread to see the new price, and it will hopefully defeat premature bumping, which tends to be price drops.

What do y'all think?

Re: Is this possible? And your opinions?

The forum appears to use the vBulletin software - adding a Price field to that specific forum is definitely possible with the software - but it gets complex when people are selling many items within the same thread.

Unless you were to divide each item into its own separate thread it would prove nearly impossible to do. You couldn't guarantee that the user was only going to edit the price - for instance they may choose to edit descriptions while they were at it.
    Disturbing the peace? I got thrown out of a window! What's the charge for getting pushed out of a moving car, huh? Jaywalking?

Comment

Originally posted by JHarley1 View Post
      You couldn't guarantee that the user was only going to edit the price - for instance they may choose to edit descriptions while they were at it.
      Ok, that was basically the question, could you just edit the price. So you kind of answered it.

Comment

Glad I helped.

I realise that this is very low of the priority list for the administrators, but I think the use of other third party vBulletin addons in addition to the iTrader system would be useful.
        Disturbing the peace? I got thrown out of a window! What's the charge for getting pushed out of a moving car, huh? Jaywalking?

Comment

It's why I've started using images to display and update my prices. I can change the image whenever I want (so there's no need for cheeky bumps!). http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=101433

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
            It's why I've started using images to display and update my prices. I can change the image whenever I want (so there's no need for cheeky bumps!). http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=101433

Good idea, I forgot about that, you hosting the pictures on photobucket?

Comment

Yah

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ominous Slayer My name's Lee. My username used to be LeeBristolAirsoft. Find out more about Ominous Slayer
              Working...
              X