Ok
    42.86%
    Excellent
    28.57%
    could be doing with more politeness
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Re: What do you think of the mods ?

They need to be much more even handed with their Moding, and they either need to enforce all the rule or none of them.

What I see of their activity is quite inconsistent.

Comment

Well, risking being called a 'suck up', I voted for excellent. Being a moderator is an incredibly difficult job sometimes. Most of the work goes on behind the scenes and when you throw a few thousand members into the mix, you're faced with a difficult task. The simple fact that this forum is running vibrantly with lots of active and happy members is proof enough that they're doing OK. From what I have seen, they're doing a great job. I've not been here that long though, so maybe my input is invalid. I was a forum moderator for a few years a while back and it genuinely is a hard task. In some situations, the decisions you make split you away from certain people and rifts are formed though, so when I stopped modding, it was nice to just be one of the regulars

Blue

Originally posted by Lonewolf873
      Mods can you please edit the title to shirt as I'm sure 5.11 don't sell shits.

Comment

Originally posted by Abbadon101 View Post
        they either need to enforce all the rule or none of them.
        this is what they need help with because it seem like sometimes favoritism towards some members
        as some peoples threads dont get deleted while others do

Comment

Originally posted by wedge75 View Post
          ...some peoples threads dont get deleted while others do
          Get the feeling... this might be one of them

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
            Get the feeling... this might be one of them
            i was just after other peoples views on them

Comment

I was very happy with them till recently, now they seem to be going a bit overboard with the banhammer-ing, some just dependant on their mood. it seems that as we turned the corner into 2011, the moderation became a little more erratic. While I appreciate this is a very difficult job, done with no reward, and while there have been a few off moments recently, the majority of the time it is ok.

Comment

Originally posted by wedge75 View Post
                i was just after other peoples views on them
                It's not a democracy, lol.

Comment

No, you are right, it's not

Thread closed before this thread ends up like the many others that have been before, the same people complaining about the same things, and only half truths being given.

If you do EVER have a problem or issue with anything pertaining to the way something was moderated or not, please feel free to PM me.

Thanks

Comment

Also, can I add, in response to Wedge's post #4 - there are a lot of new threads and posts on this forum every day. It is impossible for us, as a team, to keep track of everything.

If you see a problem with a post or thread, please use the report button.

All reports are checked. Just give us time to act, if necessary.

Thanks.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

wedge75 airsofting 12 months june 9th 2010 Find out more about wedge75
                    Working...
                    X