Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classifieds - Minimum post count?

Afternoon All,
    I'm sure this has been brought up before but i've done a few searches and cant find it so if it has my apologies.

When selling RIFs i'm sure i'm not the only one that gets plagued by zero post count members attempting to buy them. Obviously trying their luck to side step the UKARA system.
    It's down to our own integrity to obviously ask for UKARA (at which point the buyers PM's stop) but maybe if there was a minimum post count before you can see / use the classifieds it may help reduce the number of time wasters we get sending PMs when they know full well they aren't entitled or have the requirements to buy them.
    Do you think having a set post count may discourage people from signing up purely to by pass the UKARA? Has it been tried before or is there another reason it's not done?
    On the flip side the down side may be people signing up and randomly spamming around the site in order to get the required post count.

What do we think?

The Unit-13 Vipers are Recruiting
    Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Uni...92968847384478
    UK Airsoft Wiki Moderator

Re: Classifieds - Minimum post count?

I think you should simply answer all 0 post users "yes I will sell you the rifle but that it will cost £10 extra to 2-tone it for you unless you can prove your entitlement to own a RIF". You could copy and paste the same answers to all the people who ask you about it. Minimum post counts don't stop the stupid trying it on.
    JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

On my local site forum, you have to be added to a group that has access to the sales forum once you have proven your defence etc, I think this is a very good system to use although on a forum this big it may be difficult to impliment? The group would just have to have access to the rifs section and still have access to all the other FS bits.

Just an idea
      Selling MP5 & M4 Parts & Other Bits :
      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...414#post958414

Comment

Although I think that would be a good idea, I think it would drastically reduce the sheer volume of traffic to visit Zero In.

Originally posted by Lonewolf873
        Mods can you please edit the title to shirt as I'm sure 5.11 don't sell shits.

Comment

Don't really see a point in it, it's not a legal obligation for someone to sell a gun 2nd hand to prove that the other person has a defence. It's there own decision. So zeroin aint going to commit themselves to a pretty big operation for something they don't have to do to be fair.

Comment

Sales of airsoft guns by airsoft sites will be legal providing that the seller can demonstrate that the purchaser is entitled to avail themselves of the specific defence.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonyyoungs1989 View Post
              Don't really see a point in it, it's not a legal obligation for someone to sell a gun 2nd hand to prove that the other person has a defence. It's there own decision. So zeroin aint going to commit themselves to a pretty big operation for something they don't have to do to be fair.
              VCRA makes no distinction between sales by retailers and sales of second hand items.

All sales of imitation firearms are illegal under VCRA, however as airsofters we have been granted a standing defence we can rely on. BUT, remember, unless the purchaser is under-18, it is the seller who will be prosecuted and not the purchaser.
              sigpic

Comment

On our forum, it is very difficult to bypass UKARA/ VCRA exemption. For starters, if you choose your age as anything under 18 when you sign up, you're going to be disallowed access to any of the guns for sale sections. This automatically changes as soon as you turn 18. If you do attempt to access those specific forums, you're presented with a message about the VCRA, and how, by clicking on that sub section, when you can see you won't be allowed, by your attempts to access that section anyway, your almost breaking the law.

Also, for 1 week (7 days) when you join the forums, the classifieds will look empty. This forces a user to post in other sections of the forum. This allows other members to view their posts, and possibly get more of an idea of the person they were going to deal with.

Furthermore, you must click to accept the separate rules pages (General, Classifieds, etc), so there's no excuse for people not doing X,Y,Z.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

So what happens if ive been skirmishing and on UKARA database for years but only signed up to Zero in yesterday?
                  Also because i have X ammount of posts on Zero in does that mean your not going to check my UKARA details?
                  Just because people are new to Zero in doesnt mean they are new to airsoft.
                  And just because people have 2000 posts doesent mean they have a defence against VCRA

Its always down to the seller to verify defence.

So my opinion is leave things exactly as they are, no defence no sale!!!

Comment

I can see where you're coming from, but as Tisane said, theres nothing to say the individual hasn't been an airsofter for many years before joining the forum.
                    Also, this may well mean the first 50 odd posts of most new people to the forum will pretty much be pointless one word or easily edited posts just to get their post count up...
                    Originally posted by The Laughing Man
                    Millzy I honestly only just noticed that your avatar blinks. I thought I was having a hallucination for a second..

Anyway. Boobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Millzy View Post
                      I can see where you're coming from, but as Tisane said, theres nothing to say the individual hasn't been an airsofter for many years before joining the forum.
                      Also, this may well mean the first 50 odd posts of most new people to the forum will pretty much be pointless one word or easily edited posts just to get their post count up...
                      I agree, new members will be spamming every thread. 2nd hand sales will always be a game of Russian roulette. When i first started on here it was to buy a tm m377 and I had 2 famasi/ famases/famass to shift, would have been weeks before I could have bought and sold rifs.
                      Originally posted by JayB591
                      The 99%ers 'what am bestust gun for me on budgit of tennar'
                      Originally posted by Phatvortex
                      You've never searched for bacon? Then you are not a true man.

Comment

Yeah I completely agree Tisane, I have been Airsofting since 2009 but only joined these forums the back end of 2010 so i'm one of the guys ur talking about lol.
                        It was just a thought anyway. After selling on here I just seemed to get most of my enquiries from 0 posters who when challenged about UKARA mysteriously loose interest lol.
                        I just wondered what peoples thoughts were.
                        Its always down to the seller to be vigilant but just wondered if there was a way to try and cull the UKARA side steppers. lol. It seems to be an evil we must endure

The Unit-13 Vipers are Recruiting
                        Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Uni...92968847384478
                        UK Airsoft Wiki Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Shaolin View Post
                          Afternoon All,
                          I'm sure this has been brought up before but i've done a few searches and cant find it so if it has my apologies.

When selling RIFs i'm sure i'm not the only one that gets plagued by zero post count members attempting to buy them. Obviously trying their luck to side step the UKARA system.
                          It's down to our own integrity to obviously ask for UKARA (at which point the buyers PM's stop) but maybe if there was a minimum post count before you can see / use the classifieds it may help reduce the number of time wasters we get sending PMs when they know full well they aren't entitled or have the requirements to buy them.
                          Do you think having a set post count may discourage people from signing up purely to by pass the UKARA? Has it been tried before or is there another reason it's not done?
                          On the flip side the down side may be people signing up and randomly spamming around the site in order to get the required post count.

What do we think?

I was under the impression we already ran a minimum post count before access was granted to Classifieds?

If it's not ran then I can't really decide if it needed

I know several people who are on the forum who only buy and sell things, they're legit people and are only looking for bargains but don't have the time to fully engage with the Forum and have a high post count.

Surely there's nothing wrong with that?

I don't have an opinion on this, just throwing food for thought about

Comment

Mate if they scuttle off into the sunset when you ask for defense then you may have unfortunatley lost a sale but you have stopped some random getting hold of a RIF for god knows what reason.
                            Its hard as hell to get hold of these things through proper channels (says the man who nervously awaits customs clearance on a new toy...lol)
                            But only takes 5mins to set up a Zero in account and try your luck with people like ourselves.

Comment

The number of times you've had a PM saying...

"Hi m8. Interested in your gun can u plz hold till nxt year when i get my birthday moneyz"

To which you reply;

"No."

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Shaolin Find out more about Shaolin
                              Working...
                              X