Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using "speechmarks" in searches...

Hiya,

Couldn't see anything about this and deemed it worth of a quick thread. Maybe I'm missing something, but the speech-marked searching doesn't seem to work on this forum.

Was searching for a sling plate today as I need one from the classifieds. Usually, a search of "sling plate" would yield results of the exact word combination, but all I got in result, were threads with the words 'sling' and 'plate' in there somewhere.

Is there a specific reason why it's not working? Something may have just flipped out and it's been turned off. Otherwise I can't see why you wouldn't be using it as it'd pretty much guarantee the right search results.

Cheers!

Blue

Originally posted by Lonewolf873
    Mods can you please edit the title to shirt as I'm sure 5.11 don't sell shits.

Re: Using "speechmarks" in searches...

The Boolean operators must not be active in that search.

QUOTES (" and ") is a boolean operator... I never thought this forum used them anyway...
    sigpic

Comment

The search on here is awful, tells you to make up the characters using *, eg M4**, tried that earlier and there were no results found.
      Now I find it hard to believe that M4 is not in any thread on this forum, hmmmm
      G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

Originally posted by Mike581 View Post
        The search on here is awful, tells you to make up the characters using *, eg M4**, tried that earlier and there were no results found.
        Now I find it hard to believe that M4 is not in any thread on this forum, hmmmm
        ...what's an "M4"?
        Last edited by Grounded_Pilot; 18 April, 2011, 15:46. Reason: i needed a smiley in there.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Grounded_Pilot View Post
          ...what's an "M4"?
          Haha!
          G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

Yeah the search function isn't the best for me either, plus it makes me wait 30 seconds between searches... And keeps doing blank searches first automatically, so I have to wait anyway.
            WANTED: KAC QD SUPPRESSOR (long) & AKS-74/AKMS
            After one week with me in my dojo, you'll be prepared to defend yourself with the strength of a grizzly, the reflexes of a puma, and the wisdom of a man.

Comment

Have any of you used google to search ZeroIn?

"Search Words" site:http://www.zeroin.co.uk

Comment

Yeah, I did do that eventually but I'm not usually keen on doing it for sites I'm fond of due to the pay per click. Not sure that applies to the forum, though it might for the Zero One shop.

Originally posted by Lonewolf873
                Mods can you please edit the title to shirt as I'm sure 5.11 don't sell shits.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bluegill A born reject Find out more about Bluegill
                Working...
                X