X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sales and Paypal

Originally posted by SO19 View Post
    Exactly Machaon - the seller is selling something and as such should expect the fees, take that into account on the price and then when a sale is decided on send the invoice/request for the specific item/s as any business would do. After all you a making a sale.
    Common courtesy or laziness depending on how you look at it.
    I understand that sales are based on trust 9 times out if 10 on here but even with a payment sent for "goods"'unless you can show exactly what those "goods" were - Paypal will tell you to walk.
    If it makes you happier to ask for invoices and receipts and all that jazz, then you go for it, but it doesn't have to be all formal and all. You wouldn't do it at a bootfair.

One takes one's life in his hands (so to speak) if they're paying for goods through paypal and not making it clear what they're paying for, but that's the responsibility of the buyer, not the seller.

Yes, people are selling things and potentially making a profit, but anyone who is clearly running a business using the classified section would be dealt with appropriately.

Zero One/Zero In don't have any responsibility for what people sell, and how they sell it in private classifieds listings, as long as it's legal (otherwise they'd be aiding and abetting criminal activity, and we shouldn't expect them to either.
    Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

Originally posted by SO19 View Post
      Exactly Machaon - the seller is selling something and as such should expect the fees, take that into account on the price and then when a sale is decided on send the invoice/request for the specific item/s as any business would do. After all you a making a sale.
      Common courtesy or laziness depending on how you look at it.
      I understand that sales are based on trust 9 times out if 10 on here but even with a payment sent for "goods"'unless you can show exactly what those "goods" were - Paypal will tell you to walk.
      If you went to a market, would you expect someone to write you up an invoice and send it to you? I doubt it, So why on here? zeroin classifieds are essentially an online market. You pick an item you want message the buyer for his details, send payment, done. simple as. No need to complicate things.

Comment

I realy cant believe this argument is still going on.
        I bet 99% of Zeroin users have never sent or recieved a paypal invoice. (1% being OPs customers)

And once again invoice or no bloody invoice the buyers money is protected, if the buyer doesnt recieve the item they paid for, paypal dont give a rats ass what the money was for, they are just concerned with recovering said money.

Ive been through claims on here, ebay and with online stores and not once has me having or sending an "invoice" had a bearing on a case!!

Anyone reading i will say again, your money IS protected invoice or no invoice!!!!

Comment

This is just plain stupid.

Everyone is happy with the way it is, me included. There's no way I'm busting my arse doing invoices etc etc etc just so that it can be done 'properly'.

When you go into a shop do you get the shop keeper to take your wallet out for you?

Im a bit puzzles as to why you're on this forum. A heck of a lot of the time you do nothing but complain. It's getting old and boring

Comment

SO19 - the current system works great.

If users know how to use Paypal to the extent that they want to send these invoices, we would have no problem with that - but we're certainly not going to add something that makes it mandatory for a seller to invoice the buyer.

[Have any problems with thread closure? Pm me. Thanks]

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SO19 Find out more about SO19
            Working...
            X