last feedback before I go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I caught the toy as it came out

As lots above have said rules are rules, 100s of us live with them a few cant and obvously leave....ohhh well.

The M16 thread i could see exactly where that was going to end up and thats why i eventualy shut my mush as i knew it was off topic and didnt fancy a warning.
    I didnt even notice that any posts (my own included) had been removed, that is untill you had a rant about it.
    And once again managed to bite my lip (sort of) and let the mod deal with it as he saw fit.
    As has been said why could you not start another thread to debate OPEN BOLT?

Lastly WE call it OPEN BOLT if your going to moan moan to them, everyone else is quite happy with the term and simple threads started over the last few days have explained the OPEN BOLT/CLOSED BOLT differences for people to see for all time

WTF am i doing hes gone never to read this again!!!!

Comment

Re: last feedback before I go

Originally posted by tisane View Post
      WTF am i doing hes gone never to read this again!!!!
      Of course he is, he'll come back to see how many people agreed with him

On topic, I've not seen so many whinges in as few posts from many members other than deliberate spammers.

Door - Ass - Leaving - Watch out!
      sigpic

Comment

This topic is for feedback. Someone left some negative feedback and you guys flood the thread with Ad hominem remarks. Theres no reason to be rude.

Comment

it wasnt feedback though. He was having a whinge about rules and mods.

Comment

Originally posted by blobface View Post
            ...I don't even know where that line draws, somebody talks about custom clearing or ways to get your parcel quicker or cheaper, post deleted, as I suppose it could encourage people buying from overseas?
            Unless he's just making this up, then isnt this a valid point? I know that people should read the rules, but if one person is unclear then its possible others are. I agree most of it isnt constructive, but just telling him to get out isnt particually constructive either, is it.

Comment

Originally posted by TriggerHappy View Post
              Unless he's just making this up, then isnt this a valid point? I know that people should read the rules, but if one person is unclear then its possible others are. I agree most of it isnt constructive, but just telling him to get out isnt particually constructive either, is it.
              the reasons posts like that are deleted is because a lot of them are basically telling people to mark down packages...which is illegal. The mods not wanting encouragement for illegal acts on the forum seems pretty sensible to me...
              TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

And this isnt the first thread he has started just to have a rant.

It just seems like thats all he wants to do.

Comment

Originally posted by caffin999 View Post
                  the reasons posts like that are deleted is because a lot of them are basically telling people to mark down packages...which is illegal. The mods not wanting encouragement for illegal acts on the forum seems pretty sensible to me...
                  That's exactly why these posts are removed. People saying who to call and how to get things quicker are left alone, but people who advise under-valuing items have their posts removed and are sent reminders regarding encouraging illegal activity.

Sorry guys, but you don't get to see a lot of what the mods/admins do, due to post reports, PM etc and we get a very quick idea of how someone's attitude to the forum rules will develop. In this case, he was very quick to attack the rules, attack the mods decisions and whinge whenever he didn't get what he wanted.

Constructive comments are one thing (though, in reality, they're often better off sent by PM to avoid rant threads developing), but simply saying this is cr*p and I don't see why I should do it is no better than listening to a 5 year old who doesn't want to wash their hands before eating!

There are plenty of members on the forum who don't agree with all the rules the owners of the forum have laid down. Some of them constantly bit*h and moan about them and generally find themselves calming down after a few slaps. Others have a quick moan every so often and are reminded of where the boundaries lie. Most people push the limits every so often, but know that unless you pay for the forum, someone else sets the rules and just learn to live with them.
                  sigpic

Comment

This forum and its decorum are quite distant from other forums across the internet. Although "China" and "google" often comes to mind, my airsoft experience would be a whole grade lower without zero in. It is great simply as a means to call for advice, seek information, acquire and sell new gear and to help others and the sport expand in general.
                    WANTED: KAC QD SUPPRESSOR (long) & AKS-74/AKMS
                    After one week with me in my dojo, you'll be prepared to defend yourself with the strength of a grizzly, the reflexes of a puma, and the wisdom of a man.

Comment

Fair play. The mods here do a good job, all things considered. At least they aren't arrogant hypocrites on a power trip - like some others I could mention.

Comment

Having had the dubious honour of admin/modding forums in the past, I know thatusers when they register in the first place are agreeing by the rules, guidelines and values of that forum. If you aren't ok with that, don't register. Simples.

Also, the owners and staff of a forum do have a duty of care, particularly where under 18's are permitted, to protect them from various types of posts, such as hate, racism, sexual natured stuff (better sites for that anyway) and criminal activity. Often the attitude has to be that prevention is better than cure, so monitoring a situation is part of that.

Even the marking down of parcels, which would be seen as fraud, might seem petty to those with more life experience, but would you want your children learning about how to effectively break the law?
                        Last edited by FormerSmurf; 7 May, 2011, 19:15. Reason: speelinG fial
                        'Smurf's Tours of Duty

ATR Winchester, 2 Regt AAC, 654 Sqn 4 Regt AAC, Cmd Tp, 4 Regt AAC, 216 Parachute Signals Sqn, HQ 16 Air Assualt Brigade, 668 (trg) Sqn AAC, 5 Regt (NI) AAC, JHF(NI) Operations, FSW Ops Sqn

Currently 1 (UK) Civ Div

Comment

Im sorry but, this does warrant a rather negative reaction, the guy was being an out and out snob about such a spurious point to do with WE purely to display a 'terminology elitism' and then has such a high opinion of himself as to make a public exit on an internet forum?! Narcissism? I think so....He'll be logging on hidden to satisfy that trait.

Jog on fella......
                          Originally posted by Bluegill
                          5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

above two posts sum it all up nicely from a users perspective IMHO
                            Originally posted by palmer234
                            Swerve talks sense. I like him.
                            Originally posted by Robin-Hood
                            Swerve does in fact talk sense, I also like him.

Comment

Originally posted by FormerSmurf View Post
                              Having had the dubious honour of admin/modding forums in the past, I know thatusers when they register in the first place are agreeing by the rules, guidelines and values of that forum. If you aren't ok with that, don't register. Simples.

Also, the owners and staff of a forum do have a duty of care, particularly where under 18's are permitted, to protect them from various types of posts, such as hate, racism, sexual natured stuff (better sites for that anyway) and criminal activity. Often the attitude has to be that prevention is better than cure, so monitoring a situation is part of that.

Even the marking down of parcels, which would be seen as fraud, might seem petty to those with more life experience, but would you want your children learning about how to effectively break the law?
                              I agree but tbh most young airsofters are responsible from what I've seen anyway

Dom

Comment

Originally posted by MAJIK View Post
                                I agree but tbh most young airsofters are responsible from what I've seen anyway

Dom
                                It would seem though, young man, that you are NOT responsible. For it was 'I' that reported you for being an under 18 site user, who was attempting to procure RIFs/IFs 'ILLEGALY'

Had I NOT reported your nefarious actions, I wonder if you would have continued with this behaviour?

I presume that this would have indeed been the case.

You also state that you "Regularly play with Rampage". I further assume that this is contextual within the field of airsofting? If it is also the case, why then, had you not been tagged as 'Under 18' previously if he was aware of this fact?

This statement by you, along with a statement made by Tyler, that he could "Do what he wants, as he was friends with Rampage" suggests that Rampage is not only colluding with children in the purchase of illegal materials, but that is also a whiff of corruption upon this forum?

I would be very careful about what you post in this arena, as you can drop people in a lot of trouble.

Now, as you so succintly state "Have fun with YOUR life"
                                There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

blobface Find out more about blobface
                                Working...
                                X