Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help For Heroes - Sales section?

Off the wall idea, just occured to me.

How about this site create a new, single board in the sales section where people put RIFs/Kit etc up for sale that must include a 10% donation to Help For Heroes?

Could this sort of thing be done? Would there be any other options.

It could use the donation facility set up buy the guy in this thread

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=109985

Just a thought...puttin' out there, spinnin' the ol' brain-bottle
    Originally posted by palmer234
    Swerve talks sense. I like him.
    Originally posted by Robin-Hood
    Swerve does in fact talk sense, I also like him.

Re: Help For Heroes - Sales section?

Good idea, but theres no reason why people couldnt just put on their sales ad that 10% would go to H4H

Comment

You'd have to take the donation first - I don't see how it would work otherwise... other than relying on honesty.

You'd get people inflating the price, saying they'll donate 10% but they'd never actually do it.

Comment

You have to register with them too, so unless somebody manages the whole thing, every sale, it'll be very difficult.

Hate to be a killjoy, being army myself, its a great gesture.
        Originally posted by Bluegill
        5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

Better to have a direct 'donation' section for them on behalf of the Z1 community.

Comment

Please don't forget the Royal British Legion. Their funds have nose-dived since H4H came into being.

Oh, and BLESMA too.

Charity. Disgusting that they need it.

Comment

Get a whip round at NAE11 going on, plus charity tins on the bar and in the shop tents.

Arrange it so the bar prices end in odd numbers, say £1.93 a pint (wishful thinking), and those charity tins will be full within hours.
              'Smurf's Tours of Duty

ATR Winchester, 2 Regt AAC, 654 Sqn 4 Regt AAC, Cmd Tp, 4 Regt AAC, 216 Parachute Signals Sqn, HQ 16 Air Assualt Brigade, 668 (trg) Sqn AAC, 5 Regt (NI) AAC, JHF(NI) Operations, FSW Ops Sqn

Currently 1 (UK) Civ Div

Comment

Originally posted by FormerSmurf View Post
                Arrange it so the bar prices end in odd numbers, say £1.93 a pint (wishful thinking), and those charity tins will be full within hours.
                Sneaky, me likey...
                Originally posted by Bluegill
                5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

Originally posted by oneshot187 View Post
                  Sneaky, me likey...
                  Trust me, it works. When I used to cover the regimental bar, I always put a different charity tin on the bar every week, then I made sure all the prices ended with either 93p or 97p, as people hate carrying around useless change.

One tin by every till, we'll raise a decent amount to be proud of.
                  'Smurf's Tours of Duty

ATR Winchester, 2 Regt AAC, 654 Sqn 4 Regt AAC, Cmd Tp, 4 Regt AAC, 216 Parachute Signals Sqn, HQ 16 Air Assualt Brigade, 668 (trg) Sqn AAC, 5 Regt (NI) AAC, JHF(NI) Operations, FSW Ops Sqn

Currently 1 (UK) Civ Div

Comment

It would be very easy to set up a donation page at bmycharity and then the buyer sends 10% to the charity page and 90% to the seller. As long as the buyer puts their screen name on the donation, then everyone can see what's happening.

I use them for donations from my business and all my new pupils (from whom £5 goes to HfH) can see I've paid. Have a look at http://www.bmycharity.com/robins to see how the donations are shown, it's really easy and very clear.
                    sigpic

Comment

I like the idea of doing something at GZ on the bar etc, as Panoptes says as well though need to think of the others such as the RBL,

My thoughts are that if they could put a little brown envelope in everyone signing in pack that they get and any loose change at the end of the weekend hand it in via the envelope, could have 2-3 charities on it and you tick the one you want it to go to, would make a killing like that, anyone know H and who can run this past him if people think its a good idea to see if feasible
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                        Please don't forget the Royal British Legion. Their funds have nose-dived since H4H came into being.

Oh, and BLESMA too.

Charity. Disgusting that they need it.
                        Dont forget Combat Stress, SSAFA, AFB, Gurkha welfare trust, Troop Aid, St Dunstans, Veterans aid, every corp which has its own independant charity...

Totally agree with you Pan, its disgusting. So many worthwhile charities, all striving for the same things.

Its just getting the site owners on board with giving to charity. Shouldnt be a problem, last year the bar and the shop had H4H tins out and about, and i know one of the guys who plays did the round with a tin for the Undentable Trust. Was outstanding.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

-=256=-Swerve Find out more about -=256=-Swerve
                        Working...
                        X