closed threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: closed threads

Yes and no, from my point of view at least.

If a thread clearly is breaching the rules, why should we have to spend extra time in typing out an explanation? When we've got dozens of reported posts to deal with, plus many times more that don't get reported, worrying about an explanation is the least of our problems.

If there's a less obvious reason, you'll find that we generally put something anyway.

If the thread just simply disappears, chances are someone's received a very specific explanation in the form of an infraction or notification.

Originally posted by BALBOSA View Post
    to be fair the answer i sought after wasn't that time consuming. and didn't warrant much attention from you.
    I didn't have to do that, but from experience, if you don't answer a question like yours with specific facts, there's always a few people who'll start going on about the loads that have been closed, when in fact it's very few. I answered a thread about locked threads a month or so ago where someone was asking why dozens of threads were closed and when I listed the handful that had been, there was no other comment whatsoever!
    sigpic

Comment

thats fair enough

what rule did that thread breach then? ranting?

Comment

It was going towards the point where insults may have been traded again. Considering that they'd been some deleted already, I jumped on it rather than waiting for all hell to break loose and then have to clean up the mess afterwards.

Don't forget, it's the threads that get out of hand that usually end up with bans being handed out.
        sigpic

Comment

hmm too true. its better a thread closing than a ban handed out i agree

Comment

In my opinion, these sort of threads about "why haven't I been given an explanation blah blah" are a daily/weekly occurrence.

I think Robin has a lot of valid points, as does Balbosa and guard-sniper...

But wouldn't giving a very brief, but concise explanation of why a thread was closed in the first place leave you without the hassle of having to deal with explaining why peoples threads are closed without explanations.
            WANTED: KAC QD SUPPRESSOR (long) & AKS-74/AKMS
            After one week with me in my dojo, you'll be prepared to defend yourself with the strength of a grizzly, the reflexes of a puma, and the wisdom of a man.

Comment

Originally posted by BALBOSA View Post
              am i wrong?
              Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
              Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

Originally posted by Stickybomb View Post
                looks like mr sticky bombs trying to say something :D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BALBOSA Sound Designer\Sound Recordist, Outdoor enthusiast and all round crafty bugger, one of the 2 founding members of team unit-13, if you would like info on the team feel free to drop me a pm Find out more about BALBOSA
                Working...
                X