This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: We ♥ RIFs, right?

I have actually read it and have read it several times before so lose the smart arse attitude.
    I have witnessed under 18 year old's and been told by under 18 year old that they buy airsoft imitation firearm's from their their local site stating they had their parent's permission .I also know of site's that offer membership to under 18 year old's parent's that do not play in order for their membership number and detail's to recorded on the ukara database so the child can then buy realistic imitation firearm's.I have also witnessed under 18 year old selling and buying on this forum claiming i'm buying it on my mother's ukara who i know for fact does not play airsoft.
    This is all abuses of the self regulating system that we the airsoft community are supposed to be regulating in my oppinion two tone just make it that much more easy for people to abuse the system.
    If a member of the public that has no defence to own can not buy a realistic imitation firearm why should they be allowed to buy a imitation firearm two tone ,any abuse that is carried out with that two toned IF will reflect on every law abiding airsoft player.
    I do not want airsoft to be destroyed because people do not want to comply with rule's guideline's or law because the simply think they are unfare and want to bend the rule's in their favour.

Comment

MuckyMick, just because you've witnessed something doesn't make it law. The information in your post was wrong with regards to the law not the application of said law. Robin pretty much knows his **** with regards to the VCRA.

Yes the system does get abused, but thats human corruption for ya!

I think this thread has run its course now

Comment

Originally posted by MUCKYMICK View Post
        I have actually read it and have read it several times before so lose the smart arse attitude.
        Why?

You may have read it, but you certainly didn't understand it if you believe that there are any restrictions relating to ownership in there at all.

I'd suggest you lose your attitude considering you've just made such a basic schoolboy error!

If a member of the public that has no defence to own
        Again, basics please. There is no legal requirement for any form of defence to own an imitation firearm.

I have witnessed under 18 year old's and been told by under 18 year old that they buy airsoft imitation firearm's from their their local site stating they had their parent's permission .I also know of site's that offer membership to under 18 year old's parent's that do not play in order for their membership number and detail's to recorded on the ukara database so the child can then buy realistic imitation firearm's.I have also witnessed under 18 year old selling and buying on this forum claiming i'm buying it on my mother's ukara who i know for fact does not play airsoft.
        You won't find many people here who would argue with that in any way. If you know of someone who is selling illegally, then report them either to the local police firearms licencing team, or to trading standards. I've done it before, and I know at least a couple of other people who have as well.

I do not want airsoft to be destroyed because people do not want to comply with rule's guideline's or law because the simply think they are unfare and want to bend the rule's in their favour.
        Again, who's arguing with you? The basic fact is that UKARA are a retailer's organisation and have no legal standing beyond a database of site members. It's the site membership that matters if anything, not what UKARA think.

They can tell us we all have to play with UKARA tattooed on our ars*s, but it's not the law. Neither is any issue they have with the gifting of either RIFs or non-realistic IFs. That's simply their stance and has no basis in the regulations.

For example, they also say that to be a regular player you have to attend a single site at least 3 times in no less than 2 months. While that's a perfectly valid definition (and one that I would use myself if deciding on the validity of a sale), there is no legal basis for it. The law does not state what a regular player is, how many times they have to play and how many sites they can play at. They simply came up with a set of internal guidelines which they felt would protect their members from prosecution (and, remember, when I say members I don't mean you and me, I mean the retailers because those are the only people UKARA give a sh*t about).
        sigpic

Comment

robin be schooling these fools!

Ive completely lost track as to what this thread has become to be perfectly honest

either way, two tone sucks, its ruined airsoft for the newbies and has made the game a lot less accessible for a lot of people young and old, your wondering how? well a lot of people dont want two tone guns, they wanted to get into airsoft for more of that "realism"

Comment

I say this gets closed... its completely off topic now
            Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
            Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

Originally posted by Stickybomb View Post
              I say this gets closed... its completely off topic now
              Trust me, I'm thinking the same thing. I just didn't want to look like I posted and then closed it to stop someone having their say on my post.
              sigpic

Comment

rockinrobin you missed my point .
                If a member of the public that is not a member of an insured site can not buy a realistic firearm a rif why can they buy a imitation firearm just because it's two tone.
                The two replica's can equallycause alarm and distress to the general public if used in a criminal manner ,my point is rif's have been made a great deal more difficult to buy and IF's which is basicaly a brightly painted rif's is probably just as easy to buy as they ever were.
                So what was the point of the vcra as long as your over 18 or can get some one over 18 or can find a disshonest retailer you can buy an imitation firearm/two tone that can be very easily made to look real.
                As long as two tone imatation firearm's are sold to the general public the criminal activity involving replica weapon's that was being committed with them pre vcra 2007 act will still be being committed.

Comment

Again another TT debate, again I'm sucked right into it.

If a member of the public that is not a member of an insured site can not buy a realistic firearm a rif why can they buy a imitation firearm just because it's two tone.
                  Because the law says anyone 18+ can. And yes, it a stupid law.

So what was the point of the vcra as long as your over 18 or can get some one over 18 or can find a disshonest retailer you can buy an imitation firearm/two tone that can be very easily made to look real.
                  Dishonest retailer will alway be dishonest!

Without defence manufacture of a RIF is illegal (I think).

Mums hate guns, the middle classes hate guns, doing something about toys is the old decoy trick, deal with something easy rather than the actual problem.
                  Last edited by psirus101; 3 June, 2011, 18:17. Reason: Fixing some stuff.

Comment

Mate, the one part of you post I didn't quote

Seriously, I couldn't agree more.

The guy 3 doors down from me is an ARV cop and we've talked about this a few times. They see painted two-tones on a regular basis. There have also been cases of live weapons painted in bright colours to make the police hesitate when deciding to take the shot or not. As yet there haven't been any fatalities, but the time will come for sure when either a kid with a painted imitation gets shot, or a cop gets shot because the gun he was looking at had been painted to look like a two-tone.

On that point of agreement, I think I'll close this one as it seems to have gone it's course.
                    sigpic

Comment

Last post
                      Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
                      Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

Not quite Sticky :p

Comment

Originally posted by Stickybomb View Post
                          Last post
                          Not!
                          sigpic

Comment

Because I'm so very nice:D:

Originally posted by No1_sonuk
                            Re your post:
                            http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showpost.php...&postcount=168
                            (and, remember, when I say members I don't mean you and me, I mean the retailers because those are the only people UKARA give a sh*t about).
                            Could you add this response from me:

I've seen this said a few times before, and it's, quite frankly, a bit short-sighted. It is in ALL our interests for UKARA to protect the retailers' business - after all, their business is the airsoft products we buy. In protecting the retailers' interests, UKARA will do their best to protect our sport.
                            sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Panoptes Gunnoisseur [n] pron: ['gun-uh-sur', -soor'] [Purveyor of fine taste in firearms]. Find out more about Panoptes
                            Working...
                            X